Duel Electric Fan Questions..help needed - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 10:18 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question Duel Electric Fan Questions..help needed

I recently came across a deal for a duel electric fan from a "gran-marquis", that a dealership's service center employee had. He said he took it out of the car because the fan's shroud had a chip in it, not big at all and looks like it can be glued back together.

The point is that its a duel fan from a v8 "gran marquis" and i was wondering would i have any kind of charging problems, even though i have No a/c, no radio, only the headlights/taillights on (of course only at night).

Also i have no idea what the year of the "gran marquis" is but I do know that one fan across measures 15" in diameter (30" total), ANY insight as to what the CFM on that is?

i have a 31*19 aluminum summit radiator

thanks

Advertisement
302HO converted non-computer with, no A/C, no Smog Pump ,Twisted Wedge Heads w/ TF RR's, CompCam XE268H ,LongTubeHeaders W/ 2 1/2" Dr.Gas X-Pipe ,2Chamber Flowmasters, Summit Radiator 31*19, 3.73's , ASP UnderDrives, Edelbrock RPM Performer, Holley 670 Avenger Carb, CraneCams Fireball HI-6 , Dual Electric 30" across Fans, LakeWood 70/30's 50/50's, Black Leather seats , Chrome Ponies, 2kCobra R Cowl Hood , Cobra Bumper Cobra Wing, Red on black Interior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2004, 12:40 AM
British Style with USA Muscle

Last photo:

First off we need more info here, what kind of car and engine?

Quote:
Also i have no idea what the year of the "gran marquis" is but I do know that one fan across measures 15" in diameter (30" total),
Not really true the center part of the fan where the motor sits does not draw air, so you'll need to measure that and deduct it from the fan total.

I've seen some guys set the fans up on separate temp sensors so if it's a cool day only one fan will run until the temp gets high enough in the radiator to turn the other one one.

Regards
Mark
Old 01-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

When you wire them up, wire them through relays that are large enough to handle the current surge at startup.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:21 PM

you need to test them to see how many amps they draw when they start and when they run. I just built a dual fan setup using two 12" fans from a camaro, they draw 6 amps each when running, but the peak at 20 amps each when they start. I used the fan thom II kit from painless wiring, it has a 30 amp relay with a resettable circuit breaker, works great.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:54 PM

i finally figured out the make of my dual fan's ( Siemens) w/ 15" each fan. What cars come with Siemens dual fans??

another thing..would I be ok with a stock 87 mustang 5.0 alternator, ( I do not have A/C, no radio, no computer, just the external lights and a Crane Fireball ignition)
302HO converted non-computer with, no A/C, no Smog Pump ,Twisted Wedge Heads w/ TF RR's, CompCam XE268H ,LongTubeHeaders W/ 2 1/2" Dr.Gas X-Pipe ,2Chamber Flowmasters, Summit Radiator 31*19, 3.73's , ASP UnderDrives, Edelbrock RPM Performer, Holley 670 Avenger Carb, CraneCams Fireball HI-6 , Dual Electric 30" across Fans, LakeWood 70/30's 50/50's, Black Leather seats , Chrome Ponies, 2kCobra R Cowl Hood , Cobra Bumper Cobra Wing, Red on black Interior
Old 01-30-2004, 12:49 PM

Last photo:

NO PROBLEM

You will be fine. I wired mine in my 52 210 to the battery. Car starts no problems. After it warms up the fans come on, no problem. When I turn the car off the fans run until the radiator cools down, no problem. Running this way for two years now. No Problem.

hr41pearl

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.