Hot Rod Forum banner

dumb question

871 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  inquiring_mind2 
#1 ·
When setting the timing on a sbc. When I want to retard or advance the dist. which way do I turn the dist. I am exhausted and for the life of me I can't remember. I have to much going on right no I can't think straight. I know this is a dumb question and I should know the answer But I just am wanting to make sure before I beat myself up any more over this motor that I can't get to run. Sometimes you just need to take a break and walk away for a while. Thanks for your help

#3 ·
inquiring_mind2 said:
When setting the timing on a sbc. When I want to retard or advance the dist. which way do I turn the dist. I am exhausted and for the life of me I can't remember. I have to much going on right no I can't think straight. I know this is a dumb question and I should know the answer But I just am wanting to make sure before I beat myself up any more over this motor that I can't get to run. Sometimes you just need to take a break and walk away for a while. Thanks for your help
since different cars have a different rotation going in the direction the rotor turns will retard turning the dist opposite the direction of the rotor rotation will advance the spark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.