Hot Rod Forum banner

dumb swedes builds american iron..

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  machine shop tom 
#1 ·
Hiya guys, have been looking around this forum for about 6months or so, while disassembling my 350 chevy engine.. And just wanna run this by you guys before assembling it again..

I have this kombo
CastnrTops: 462624 (75-86, 350/400, 76cc chamber, 1.94/1.5)
CastnrBlock: 3970014 (350, 70-76, 2bolted crankshaft)
http://www.mortec.com/ << for numberlistings..
Small tube muffled headers, 650 DP carb, HEI igniter.

And pondering over things like, camshaft? pistons?
I'm considering running 10.25 flattop pistons, but i dont know what camshaft to choose.. i want most of the torque to come about 4000rpm and have the full horsepower output at round about 5500rpm..
This is prob. possible, but, will the 2bolted crankshaft take the punishment? should i go with less or more compression? And once again what crankshaft..

All tips are appreciated.. =)

Regards // Andreas of Sweden

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that I would be looking around 9:1 on the compression, unless you have a good supply of hi test gas. Also, depending on cam choice, you might be happier with a vacuum secondary carb, for driveability reasons............

#5 ·
ok.

Ohh thats no problem in sweden.. we use 95-98 octane as standard.. i run all my cars on 98 octane (most of them are damn old so). ;)
95octane is considered the lowest useable grade of petrol. =)

#6 ·
NeoTech, the 2 bolt block and stock crank will easily handle the 5500 RPM's that you will be running them up to. I had a 2 bolt 350 with 10.5:1 comp. flat tops and a comp cams XE274 cam that I spun to 5800 with no problems. Just use good bearings and make sure you get your rods checked and straightened if needed. SBC's are quite durable and can handle allot of punishment if put together properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.