Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dupli Color Paint Shop auto paint Lacquer
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That's what some of us have been trying say, that the pre-thinned Dupli-Color is a gimmick and is NOT cheap! I harp on this stuff so much because I see the same mistake I was making years ago (that and it keeps popping up in my E-mail ) being touted as being cheap, which it is not, and somehow "new and improved" when even the manufacturer makes no such claims. There could be several reasons to use Lacquer but the user does not need to be mis-informed by dubious claims from a goofy TV show and the decision should be made while being well aware of Lacquer's many shortcomings. If the decision is made to use Lacquer then at least go to a real paint supplier and get the right material that can be properly thinned with the right amounts of the right thinner to meet current spray conditions and needs, THERE JUST AIN'T NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL! Plus as you correctly point out buying the proper material packaged as it should be will not only be better it will be a lot cheaper than the Dupli-Color sucker bait.