Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dupli Color Paint Shop auto paint Lacquer
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 09:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTruckGuy
LOL, What your forgetting is how it fits the market and is not intended for the pro or semi pro but the guy that has zero skills!!!! that does want to paint with out the big learning curve!! A job he can do in his garage. I can see a ton of reason Why! You don't need any fancy equipment booth or offend the guy next door with the smell. Price don't seem to be a tolal factor to the people I have talk to. Oh yes they know there are better product out there. But there response was it was easy I didn't have to do a lot to paint! The answer to the how good it was is it ok. I said how come you didn't go to a cheap paint shop well they though the work man ship was less that fair and felt they could do a better job for the money.
On a side not I notices the price has jumped up from 19.00 a Qt to 22.00 a Qt
I assume its selling well!! based on the price jump. Its just a matter of time before someone else jump in to counter this with there own product!!

Craig
ChevyTruckGuy,

I totally agree. Those are some of the exact reason I choose to us it.

I finally was able to use the dupli color on a headlight bucket and it turn out very good.

I set up a home made spray booth to try and keep the dirt and dust off as I painted.

I used a hvlp gun from harbor freight(1.4 tip) set at 30 lbs. Temp was about 70. I sprayed 3 light coats of the primer, then wet sand with 400 grit. I then sprayed 3 light coats of color and 5 light coats of clear and then color sanded again with 1500 and 2000 grit followed by buffing using a low speed buffer.

I can not see how it could look any better. I did not have any flaws except some minor orange peel.

Don