Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dupli Color Paint Shop auto paint Lacquer
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
That's one of the "economy" paints I referred to and there are others any of which is far more durable than lacquer. I use implement enamel and hardener from Tractor Supply on rebuilt tractors and although I personally would not use it to paint a car I know for a fact it is more durable and will last longer than Lacquer. For a beater, an ATV or something of that nature the stuff would probably be a decent way to paint really cheap and while the color selection might be kind of small it certainly could be made to look good if cost is that much of a concern-certainly a heck of a lot cheaper than Dupli-Color!
oldred, havent much of a clue to what im doing but want to paint my 95 mercury tracer that i use to drive 330 to 500 miles a day as a courier for parts with the implement enamel. painted my 70 chevy k10 with rustoleum and hardener few yrs ago didnt work real good but kept it well protected for a long time. never buffed it though. How well do you think this will work with the tractor implement paint? i already plan on wet sanding ALOT. I dont have any knowledge bout where to start with any body work. Have any tips for someone new? Seen the dupi paint n i can get a 25% discount n wont buy the junk. Figure i can paint the whole car with one Quart of paint small can of hardener and a quart of napthma. For a GRAND TOTAL of $32. n i figure i could get the napthma for free if i really tried. then it would be $24. LOL. I read it all n thought for a while maybe ctg had a point bout ease of use but it aint so. Let the lazy sob's waste there money.