Duplicolor primer and house of Kolor paint - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Duplicolor primer and house of Kolor paint

Ok guys, I have done some research on this for 2 days now and came up empty handed. I just wrote tech support for house of kolor also.

This is my first time to shoot my own car. needless to say i am a little anxious. I have put around 3 months worth of work into my prep/ sanding ect.. ( my wife thinks i should just move out to the shop

So i went to Sherwin Williams and stated that since this is my 1st time to do my own paint that i would like to keep my budget small, in case i have to redo it. he reccomended that I use a Duplicolor Primer and sealer he had on the shelf. it went on well with my HVLP gun and looks good. I found the color base coat/clear coat that i would like to use and it is a HOK shimerin cinder red.

Do any of you know if this will react with the duplicolor primer in a negative way? If so can you guys reccomend a decent paint ie.. ppg,ect that will work over this primer. thx for your help later Aaron

i found this info on the subject @ stovebolt.com... it looks like martinsr is also a member over there http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-...c;f=4;t=001398

Last edited by 85ta383; 11-17-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 03:51 AM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If that is not the rattle can paint, I don't see where it should be a problem. Many people say to stick with same brand materials. I agree that the reducers and activators should be matched to the paints. I don't really see where the brand of primer being different than the paint should be a problem. Just make sure it isn't a lacquer primer. That won't work!

JMO

Aaron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.