Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dupont 202-83427 aka Pine Ridge Green
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59RAMBLERSUPERWAGON View Post
My air compressor is 30 gallons. As to volume output I'm not sure, but I will buy one sticky pad and try it, if it works for a couple min at a time, that's fine I will just sand, smoke cigar, sand, smoke cigar... Yeah I know factory colors don't really pop, but them again the car is so rare, it pops all by itself!
Give it a try for sanding, buy your sticky paper and pad, you may want to buy a big box of cigars because with a 30 gallon reserve tank you may be doing more smoking than sanding. When it comes to painting you will need a compressor with more reserve and generally a small reserve tank means small CFM. You'll be able to make that determination when you prime, try small areas for priming and see if the compressor keeps up. Remember you can't stop in the middle of a paint job and if your compressor is running continuously you need to be concerned about heat, and condensation coming through your air lines. That would mean that all the money you put into paint goes to waste. Just a thought and good luck.

If I can help in the future let me know.

Have a Cigar for me.
Ray