Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dupont Paint
Thread: Dupont Paint
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

not using this exact combination, I can't say for sure it will work. But I suspect it will. I agree your paint store expert that etch primer is outdated compared to todays products. The reason the primer isn't listed could be that its in a different product line, the nason being a lower line. Nason has an epoxy primer also you could use that would most likely be lower priced. I am not real familiar with dupong. But for a comparison ppg's low line is omni. I doubt they say in the tech sheets the omni epoxy is okay to use as an undercoat for the delton line, but I've used it under deltron base, limco base and others without problems. Also used other line of urethane primer( marhyde) under a few different lines of paint without problems. Many on here use spi products under different lines of paint. You are right to be concerned not seeing it listed on the tech sheet, but many undercoats seem compatable with different lines of paint. They do develop products in a line to work together, but thats not to say using something else won't work fine, but there is always a chance it won't and your on your own on any procedures.