Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Durant Roadster?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp21
Im just not sure i could handle all 35 horses!
Especially on wooden rims with galvanized tyres...
what is a galvanized tyre? (I know about the tyre part of that phrase) I think you should do what makes YOU happy. I would pick up the car and sit on it for a while. Peddle it around . I have no doubt that it is a rare and unique car that may indeed be WORTHY of being restored. BUT, if it is truly a classic that NEEDS to be restored then someone will come and offer you a price over and above what you paid for it. Or at least offer you what you paid and a persuasive argument about why you should sell it. The market will dictate whether or not that durant is truly collectable. If no collector shows interest given a reasonable amount of time then whack it up. so far I have seen no offers to buy it. Did anyone from the durant owners club come forward? I see those guys are split on this one too. I see that one guy in the club tried to rod one and said the same thing as me about parts availability. I wonder what he meant when he said "let us know if you lose interest" I would take that as a "do it if you want to". (I saw your post,heehee)

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example