dynatron body filler reviews. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 03:03 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

dynatron body filler reviews.

So since suggested awhile back I started using dyna-glass then bonds over it.But then the other day I picked up there dynatron body filler how is it compared to bondo?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hi Cut, what in God's name are you still doing up? I guess i could ask myself the same question...LOL. For me, I just get more work done when it's nice and quiet. I had a bit of work to do on the hood I'm working on and I wanted about 5 hours where I was left alone and could concentrate on getting it put back together, very carefully so I will have minimal filler on it when I'm done. Now, speaking of filler, your going to get more responses with "I've been using brand X and it's the best". I use Rage Gold from Evercoat. I've tried about everything out there and this is what I like. Not saying it's the best, what I am saying is that this product works the best...for me. I've used it, it's fine, in my opinion it doesn't sand as well as Rage Gold but it does get the job done. Another good product is Z grip, made by Evercoat as well if I'm correct.

When it comes to filler, you need to find the one that works best for you. Dynatron will work and work fairly well with their glass products...it's all about what works for you.

Ray
Old 07-30-2013, 04:04 AM
two cups of tea

Last wiki edit: Need more horsepower for my 305 Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

ha!Actually I was sending my mentor a email&filler came up&my adhd lead me here.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:19 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Well, always good to hear from you, no matter what time of day...or night....LOL. The Sun just came up so i went and made myself a cup of coffee. I have one final skim coat of Rage Gold to put on the top of my hood. I'm glad I decided to pull an all nighter, Even with all the work on the hood I would bet that I don't have 1/16th of an inch of filler at it's deepest spot and the widest point is maybe 3 to 4 inches wide. I even worked the underneath of the hood, welded in the extra pieces on the braces, cleaned up the welds and won't need any filler on the braces. When it's primed and painted you won't know it was ever worked on, top or underneath.

I'm not trying to brag (well maybe a little) but I'm proud of the way it turned out...working when it's quiet like that sure affords me the opportunity to get right into the project and I can think through every weld. Now I'm going to have that cup of coffee and kick back a bit.

Ray
Old 07-30-2013, 12:04 PM

Last photo:

last night I was out in the shop prepping until 2 am for a big spray today and here I thought I was crazy!

ps the Marson Platinum is what I've come to prefer, only because it was cheaper than the Rage.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Colorsanding painter

Last photo:

I haven't used any Dynatron since my early days, I just remember it gumming up the paper. Now I use 3M Platinum and it works great...that or I have learned more and start with more aggressive paper. I did use Rage Gold religiously until my supplier turned me on to the 3M Platinum. Neither of the two works better for me than the other but they're the two I prefer. I won't use anything else.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer View Post
last night I was out in the shop prepping until 2 am for a big spray today and here I thought I was crazy!

ps the Marson Platinum is what I've come to prefer, only because it was cheaper than the Rage.
So today is the big day...I've been doing it for a while now and I still get excited when I paint something I really like. It's a lot different than when you paint cars all day, after a while they all look the same.

Good luck my friend, let us know how it turns out.

Ray

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.