Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - dyno - never again
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xntrik
welcome to reality.

We have created a society of parts replacers. ASE techs are taught to read gauges and swap parts. Very little dianostic understanding is necessary. Ethics and honesty are long gone from most shops. Ancient techniques such as carburetors are dying with the old timers who have gone into seclusion. Think not? How many rodders on this site put a carb "right-out-of-box" on an engine, it doesn't run right, so it is the carb manufacturer's fault?

Finding ethical and knowledgeable technicians is a trick in itself. Look for an old guy under a backyard garage roof.

example. I have a friend with a 98 Chevy conversion van and two completely separate A/C systems, two compressors. Both AC quit at the same time.

The new car dealership that sold it and two other shops say that it will cost $ 2000+ to repair the AC systems, maybe more if they find more bad parts.

Question is....... Why did both AC systems quit at the same time as the DVD, radio, and TV?????

The techs cannot be THAT stupid, can they?
Can you spell RIP OFF?
I take offense at that!!!! You obviously have not performed any driveability on late model cars, if you have you would not make such a blanket statement.

I would love to have the simplicity of yesteryear cars today.

Are you an ASE certified tech? If not why are you pointing fingers. I just happen to be one and I take much pride in my work and I would just love to see one of those "old guy under a backyard garage roof" diagnose a new car with a no code driveability problem.

As soon as someone known nothing or not much about something that someone else does, they call that person a RIP OFF.... Why????

I would love to say more about what you have said, But Jon would not like what I would say to you. YOU and people like you are the reason that auto repair and auto techs have such a bad name. You spread ignorance and hate for others.

Steve