Hot Rod Forum banner

Dyno-Pak 110 plasma

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  timothale 
#1 ·
I bought about a yr ago a used Dyno-Pak 110 plasma cutter.Honestly paid $200 bucks for it.Seller said he didn't have air anymore so I couldn't try it out.I never do this but the seller seemed to be a straight up honest guy so I bought it.Got it home and because I didn't have any kind of face shield just stuck in under my bench.I brought a yr later to use and it wouldn't fire up.Took it into a weld repair shop being told it wasn't made anymore and it needed a logic board.They didn't want to fix it because of it's age.Took it to a second weld repair place and they came up with the same thing it needs a logic board.Don't know until that is replaced if it's going to need more.Cost of that board is about $350.

I hate the thought of losing the original purchase price of $200 bucks and know there is 0 chance of ever getting it back a yr later.I know these things are expensive new so my question is what would you guys do??.:confused:

#3 ·
Cut my losses and buy another one..

For years I used a Daytona Mig Plasma cutter. I retired it to under the bench for a larger unit.

A few years ago I decided to sell it. Plugged it in to make sure everything was functioning and NOTHING.. Fan ran but no arc. Bad board.. The thing worked great when I last used it..

#4 ·
dry air ?

Plasma's need dry shop air. A little bit of moisture and $ 100 tip damage in 2 seconds, I have an $ 2k ESAB and haven't used it since, I bought a motor guard oil filter type moisture trap and started on a propane tank- kitty litter trap someone here on Hotrodders showed how to make , I need to get everything replumbed. I have the clear plastic-change color filter at the plasma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.