Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Dyno pulls on factory engines
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That`s the same thing I said in my first post, I want to see the small blocks give it a whirl. I don`t believe everything I read or see either, These were all measured at the flywheel, with the best power curve and so on, I knew the Hemi was one of the baddest on the streets in it`s day, I wasn`t too sure I believed it nailed 800 horses. I`ve never seen one and what it could do at events, but I have seen what a 440 6 pack could do at the drag races years ago, if I recall correctly in was in a challenger, but I don`t know dodge cars real well, but I`d know it if I seen it, this car was a daily driver, and it took a friend of mine`s roller cammed 454 twice. Years ago in the mud racing days, we had a fellow show up in a old 64 chevy pickup body on a 4x4 frame, under the flip forward hood was a ford 427. I had never really seen one until then, his first run wasn`t good, it busted and ran crappy, the second run, it was still busting but not as bad, and it took 1st place, and that was against 7 other trucks. These guys were from out of town and it would be the first and last time they raced there, but I sure could wish I could see that again, good thing I got the video tapes to reflect on.