Hot Rod Forum banner

Dyno'd My First Engine Build

6K views 64 replies 12 participants last post by  OldTech 
#1 ·
Dyno'd my first motor build and numbers are much lower than expected. Need help.

Fresh 350 non roller block
.030 over
flat top hyper pistons
vortec heads 3 angle cut
Complete Comp Cam kit Hydraulic Flat Tappet 262/270, Lift .462/.469 w.springs and lifters
New edlebrock intake
HEI Dist
4 barrel

Did 4 passes on dyno and max power we could get was 240hp 288 torque. Timing set to 14 and water temp 185, air ratio was 14ish.

Do these numbers seem correct?

Attachments

See less See more
#64 ·
As I mentioned back in posting #27, the primary jets should prolly be in #66 - #68 range...

#68 secondary jets tells me there's also a secondaries power valve in addition to the usual primaries PV... Without a secondaries PV, the jetting would be more like #80... The PV works by vacuum going lower than its closing number and it opening then and adds more fuel along with the jets while accelerating and/or at WOT...

I'm surprised the dyno adjustment was so much when you're at sea level... must be just from temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure...

Was your old carb. really a Weber brand name on it? Did it have any numbers on it? Butterflies the same size?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.