Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - E-curve distributor???
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 AM
www.krusinklassics.net

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396chevelle View Post
Ok, I recently have had some issues with my HEI and decided its time to step up a little and I was thinking the e-curve would be nice! I like the easy adjustments! I'm pretty savvy with electronics, so I don't think it would be to difficult to set up, but the components is all I would worry about. I'm sure you could use some dielectric grease to help some. Anyone have good results with them. Also I thought I read somewhere though that you had to change the cast iron gear out if your running a hydraulic roller cam? I have a hydraulic flat tappet would I still need a different gear or is the cast iron compatible with a flat tappet? Thanks for your input!
I'm running an Ecurve on my 388 sbc and love it. A bit pricey, but I absolutely love the thing. Setup can't get any easier. Set it to lock, stab it in, fire the motor and just let it idle about 1300 rpm, adjust for max advance, shut the motor down, adjust the two switches to give you the desired curve and done.

I left the existing gear on rubbing against a 2201 Edelbrock hydro-roller cam and so far no problems.