Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - E85 compatible fuel filter, with fuel injection
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

E85 compatible fuel filter, with fuel injection

I am working on switching over my Turbo, fuel injected, Ford to E85. I run Sunoco 94 right now with no-pinging up to 16 PSI on the stock engine, but I want more boost and want to be proactive with detonation safety. I have NO experience with alcohol so this is all new to me!!

So far I have the big fuel pump, fat 3/8" steel fuel feed line, computer tuner and huge 42lb/hr injectors.

I am looking for a recommendation on a good fuel filter that can handle alcohol (and if it matters) and up to 90PSI of fuel pressure.

I saw that universal fram filter in Jegs, and it say it can handle the pressure I need, I assume it's OK for alcohol being a racing part, does anyone see a problem with that? Any ideas?

just some background on the car, when it was all stock but with the turbo it made about 300WHP on 11PSI boost, since then I upped the boost to 16PSI, made a aluminum tunnel ram intake and increased the intercooler pipe size from 2" to 2.5", all to reduce restriction. it a pretty radical engine setup.