Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - E85 compatible fuel filter, with fuel injection
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Bench racer

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ripple, Something you might want to see. After 3days of E85 testing it deteriorated an O-rang at my fuel rail and corroded the piss out of the aluminum AN fitting...The anodized parts held up better but the smallest scratch and they start to go to.

Also, I contacted Bosch about the ethanol compatibility of their injectors and they said that the EV6 types were ethanol compatible but that older injectors were designed to tolerate low levels for extended periods (15%) but the high levels in E85 would cause "a shortened service life" but that they intend to convert all of their current injectors "in the near future". Trying to pin him down on which and when was like trying to nail jello to a tree.
Delphi (Lucas) has sent out press releases stating all of their injectors are ethanol compatible but a press release is all the information I can get out of them. Nothing technical just PR..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KIF_3682.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	246.3 KB
ID:	20320