Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - E85 compatible fuel filter, with fuel injection
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Slow GTA, thanks for posting your experience. You have raised my concern on the corrosion aspects of this fuel however. My tank is steel, steel feed line, AN fuel fittings, bare extruded aluminum fuel rail and Bosch injectors. I would basically have to redo the entire fuel system. I was really counting on E85 being much less corrosive than methanol, which I understood to be the really bad fuel for corrosion.

My Ford chassis has a ‘flex fuel’ version, so worst case I could strip out the tank and fuel system and use as much as I could on my car.

I will check out that Mallory fuel filter, at what intervals do you service it and what do you find in it?

Big Mec, the turbo is mounted under the car and blows though an 80mm MAF sensor and a 65mm mustang TB. You correct identified the shaker hood scoop for the intercooler, I think that it looks good sticking out of the hood. That picture is a few months old and it looks different now. I looked that the photo album options of this website and it think it’s better just to post up the link to the album I already have. Nevermind the turbocharged jeep pictures in that album.

Here is the shared photo album:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v390/indysho90/

the password is 123456