Here is the rest of the info. I apologize for not have the pictures in between the relevant text sections. The pictures are numbered in the order that they were in the document file. If any one would like this sent to them it is 1.5 meg abytes and will be a very long down load on dial up. Just drop me a PM and I will send it to you. Many thanks to Kai for sharing this with me and I hope he doesn't mind my passing this along.
The above adaptor I made.
Cut 3 ˝ inches off the right hand thread end of the tri-rods.
Drill and tap; the cut off end (leaving the original right hand threads intact) to metric 18 X 1.5 to accept the original Cavalier adjusting screw. This make an adjusting device of left hand for the Cavalier tie rod and the right hand tie rod end original from the MoPar. I cut about an inch off the end of the tie rod end to allow enough of the thing to fit in the end. Tack weld the Cavalier adjusting sleeve to the 3 ˝ cut off piece.
The adapter plates are made from Ľ in plate and 1” square tubing. The tubing is offset to allow the rubber to fit.
The above has the special Fatman adapter and Datson tie rod ends.
This is my tie rod end and adapter installed
The below pics are what I patterned my modification of the steering shaft after cutting off the steering box with a “sawzall”
This is the power steering pump mount I used from Ugly Truckling, here id the website. It has the instructions when you go to this site.
The hoses I made from 3/8 braided hose. You can have them made at any shop that makes hoses for tractors and the like. I would suggest that when you get the rack make sure you get the hoses too.
From the junkyard you need the total rack and pinion steering,(tie rods, hoses, adjusting sleeves, and the mounting brackets)