Early Ford body mods - how much is too much? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 10:39 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Factory Fives New 33' Coupester

Pick up any Street Rod type magazine and under new products you will see another XYZ company is introducing a "new" 32 body. Be it steel or glass, different companies have taken the liberty to cut, chop, channel, lengthen, shorten and shave just about any aspect of these or any number of classic designs. Longer doors is a popular one too. Heavens know Foose has taken liberty on countless occasions to sculpt these bodies (ala Boydster I & II). I'm not talking about the millions of one off customs done in shops all over the world, but bodies built for mass production.

Why are some OK, and others not. I guess it goes back the Streetbeasts issue. Why is what they did so terrible? I don't like how they look either, but if someone likes it and want to build one - so be it.

Factory Five Racing is going to bring out a '33 coupe kit car that is hugely modified. Will it receive the same disgust and disdain from the hotrodding community?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2HRCPB148.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	31780  

Advertisement

Last edited by Arrowhead; 08-12-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

[QUOTE=Arrowhead]

Why are some OK, and others not. I guess it goes back the Streetbeasts issue. Why is what they did so terrible? I don't like how they look either, but if someone likes it and want to build one - so be it.

What Streetbeasts did was to build an overpriced poor product and had bad customer service. More management misconduct if you will..

Factory Five Racing is going to bring out a '33 coupe kit car that is hugely modified. Will it receive the same disgust and disdain from the hotrodding community?

Factory Five has a good reputation in the Roady guys community and are not well known in the Hot Rod community but what I have seen of their cars I would not be afraid of one..That is of course if you like that sort of car..

Sam

Fsctory Five
Old 08-12-2008, 06:03 AM
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans
Last journal entry: Sold Everything for a new project
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

deleted - starting new post

Last edited by Arrowhead; 08-12-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,192 Times in 1,051 Posts
You know what I don't like is the new bodies that scream "I am an XYZ body" and just a glance at it tells you it is. I don't know, it is like the billit stuff, one glance at the car and you see it was built from a catalog. It isn't that I feel something about the owner like he is a shuck or something. It isn't anything like that, damn it, be built it and that is how he saw it, I have all the respect in the world for him. But don't ask me to get gushy over it. I am not going to go out of my way to see a catalog built car.

On the XYZ bodies like Zipper or who ever makes that Duece roadster body with the hide-a-way top, I just have no interest in looking at one, call me stuffy or old fashion I don't know. I will go look at a one of a kind car, John Butteras little aluminum roadster, I drooled over it. Fooses Hemi Coupe thingie, I LOVE those cars. But if you were to see ten of those Hemi Coupes or Butteras roadster at a show you stop walking over to look at them right?

Give me a cut up original to stare at any day!

Brian
Old 08-31-2008, 11:55 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That IS a nice looking car.

I miss the louvers though.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.