easiest way to build VW console - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2007, 05:58 PM
FordMan1951's Avatar
Ford Man to the bone!!!
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lubbock,TX
Age: 63
Posts: 112
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally stopped long enough to read rest of thread...

If you are gonna upholstery it then why not use Plywood? At least on the part covered. I made one for my 54 Ford years ago and used plywood. Covered it in Black leather and lined with blue satin. It turned out OK.

I have been following your posts since post #1 and have to agree, stick around. We are all here to help or be helped, and most are here for BOTH. Cannot wait until your first post with help for another newbie.

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
MrPhotographer06's Avatar
Army Strong
 
Last wiki edit: How to remove a VW Type I body
Last journal entry: well once again
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Bragg,SC
Age: 22
Posts: 631
Wiki Edits: 1

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMan1951
Finally stopped long enough to read rest of thread...

If you are gonna upholstery it then why not use Plywood? At least on the part covered. I made one for my 54 Ford years ago and used plywood. Covered it in Black leather and lined with blue satin. It turned out OK.

I have been following your posts since post #1 and have to agree, stick around. We are all here to help or be helped, and most are here for BOTH. Cannot wait until your first post with help for another newbie.
so well maybe that will work..

does it look better?

i dunno if i can cover it ? so i'll find some one to do it for me

just black leather

idk about seats either ... thinkin bout racing seats and belts..

more so-cal look to me


-Cam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Member
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Texas
Age: 60
Posts: 248
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06
so well maybe that will work..

does it look better?

i dunno if i can cover it ? so i'll find some one to do it for me

just black leather

idk about seats either ... thinkin bout racing seats and belts..

more so-cal look to me


-Cam
Just go for it on the console, If you don't like the way it came out, the second one will be better. its all a learning process. Buy the way, I love the so-cal look on the old beatles. I have a '68 in the back yard I'll have to start on before it disolves itself with rust. I admire a 14 year old wanting to learn the hot rod thing. good luck

gcrmcc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007, 04:57 AM
MrPhotographer06's Avatar
Army Strong
 
Last wiki edit: How to remove a VW Type I body
Last journal entry: well once again
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Bragg,SC
Age: 22
Posts: 631
Wiki Edits: 1

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrmcc
Just go for it on the console, If you don't like the way it came out, the second one will be better. its all a learning process. Buy the way, I love the so-cal look on the old beatles. I have a '68 in the back yard I'll have to start on before it disolves itself with rust. I admire a 14 year old wanting to learn the hot rod thing. good luck

gcrmcc
thanks,

i love the so-cal look too.. thats why i chose to do it first. .i knew it would be somewhat harder.. so i decided i needed a challenge. and i'm taking the car to work so i can get some help with the body work and the axel conversion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007, 06:57 AM
DanTwoLakes's Avatar
Hotrodders.com Moderator
 
Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lake Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Age: 64
Posts: 5,856
Wiki Edits: 22

Thanks: 0
Thanked 150 Times in 137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62
Yknot........Out of line, as are most of your remarks...........You said in another post that you don't want to make friends.......Well, you have none here......Suspending you for 60 days. If and when you come back, maybe you can not be the bullying, insensative boar that I see you as.....

I usually handle these things with a PM, but you don't even deserve that.

I hope I'm speaking for myself and everyone else when I say "Thanks Poncho"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007, 07:05 AM
MrPhotographer06's Avatar
Army Strong
 
Last wiki edit: How to remove a VW Type I body
Last journal entry: well once again
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fort Bragg,SC
Age: 22
Posts: 631
Wiki Edits: 1

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
I hope I'm speaking for myself and everyone else when I say "Thanks Poncho"

yeah.. thanks poncho.. a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Dusty82's Avatar
Member
 

Last journal entry: The Chevy Bench Seat - Part 52
Last photo:
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Northern Nevada
Age: 53
Posts: 306
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I second the motion - Thanks Poncho!

I know this link was posted before, but I think it bears repeating:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bi...1;t=000005;p=1

I know this console has no exposed wood, but a person could adapt it to what he/she wants. Besides - it's a good read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
build a moter or buy a car first? Tryin2MakeIt Engine 19 12-13-2006 09:43 PM
350 build up opinions? Artemis Entreri Engine 17 08-09-2006 01:48 PM
Intro and ? about center console build. allenzalley Introduce Yourself 4 01-11-2006 04:26 PM
Camaro Console Gauges Bluepen Interior 1 05-16-2003 06:15 PM
How to make a new center console? Jag Daddy Interior 7 05-14-2003 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.