Hot Rod Forum banner

Eastwood paint

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ricksautorestoration 
#1 ·
I am wandering if anyone has used Eastwood's urethane paint and if it is good quality? I am looking to paint my 71 Camaro with code 26 mulsane blue and it seems some paint suppliers don't make that code. I notice Eastwood does have it in Urethane. I am looking for a good quality paint so if it is a budget paint i will not use it, seems like the price is pretty cheap. I have used there primers and found them really good also some chassis paint that was real good just don't know about there actual car paint. Thanks to anyone that may be able to help me out.

#2 ·
I think paint selection should depend on the use and storage of the car.

If it is to be used every day, sit in the sun all day, sit outside at night, be abused by all the elements then nothing but the best Like PPG $$$$ should be used.

If its going to be garaged 6 days a week, pulled out on sunday for a drive in good weather then may as well use lacquer. Urethanes all hold up well and for eastwoods market (collector cars stored indoors used lightly) then I am willing to bet it would be acceptable and easy for a hobbyist to use.

#3 ·
I would say it's a budget paint. What would happen if you ran out of paint as you were painting your ca, how fast would you be able to get more paint. Would you have to wait a week or more (they can only ship paint products via ground freight)

#5 ·
Old Fool said:
I'd check with Chad about getting ProSpray basecoat and calling SPI for primers and clears.

PPG is a great product but the price is crazy stupid.
SPI is an equal or better at a blue collar price.
Prospray is a great basecoat for the money too.

Ok never heard Chad but i will check it out. Can someone give me a idea of how much a gallon of ppg with hardener and reducer run me? I can get a gallon of limco which i think is the r@m line with reducer and hardener for about 350.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.