Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eastwood Shrinker and Strecher opinions wanted
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 08:29 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Heres the deal.Spending hundreds of dollars on a tool is tough and you dont want to waste money on some crap that dont work well or last long so I had tough time deciding on woodwards combo set or the HF set up
.Before I bought mine I had the opertunity to borrow and use the HF for a few months, it worked great but I got one heck of a blister on my hand from that handle...so when it came time to buy a strecher shrinker I also got the foot operated stand and not only did it give my the ability to use both hands I was able to increase the force on the thicker steel...I have the handles and use them for more precise work but I have to say that HF unit is working like a champ ...I got it on sale and paid less than 300.00....strecher/shrinker W stand....
get the foot operated stand its well worth the extra money and makes the unit much more versital.
This unit will get your foot in the door of metalshaping its a great tool at an affordable price...Later on if you ever wear it out, get a better one but chances are you'll never wear it out... BTW I think the better quality jaws will fit right in the HF head...I love mine and use the living crap out of it...never regreted buying it for a second.

Last edited by deadbodyman; 03-10-2013 at 08:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
Riot Racing (03-11-2013)