Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eastwood Shrinker and Strecher opinions wanted
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,168 Times in 1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCRMAN@aol.com View Post
Harbor Freight makes nothing. They are a retailer and buy their stuff just like all retailers.
Where its made is of secondary importance. Just like many other retailers. Just look at other brands. Eastwoods stuff is import also. Made for/sold by/packaged for, all catch words for imported.
I'm sorry, of course HF "makes" nothing, but I believe they "have" it made, I believe they are a little more than simply a retailer of products made by others that are available elsewhere. I see a lot of stuff like those english wheels and engine stands and stuff like that nowhere else but at the Harbor Freight store, thus I was under the impression they are having many of these products made for THEM to sell at their stores and they are available no where else.

For instance the whole "Chicago Electric" name is it sold anywhere else? I don't think it's simply a relabeled toll manufactured product that is available under a different name at another store. I believe, I could be wrong, but I believe Chicago Electric along with many other names at Harbor Freight are made for them and for them only.

Brian