Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eastwood Shrinker and Strecher opinions wanted
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM

Last journal entry: Por 15
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Heres the deal.Spending hundreds of dollars on a tool is tough and you dont want to waste money on some crap that dont work well or last long so I had tough time deciding on woodwards combo set or the HF set up
.Before I bought mine I had the opertunity to borrow and use the HF for a few months, it worked great but I got one heck of a blister on my hand from that handle...so when it came time to buy a strecher shrinker I also got the foot operated stand and not only did it give my the ability to use both hands I was able to increase the force on the thicker steel...I have the handles and use them for more precise work but I have to say that HF unit is working like a champ ...I got it on sale and paid less than 300.00....strecher/shrinker W stand....
get the foot operated stand its well worth the extra money and makes the unit much more versital.
This unit will get your foot in the door of metalshaping its a great tool at an affordable price...Later on if you ever wear it out, get a better one but chances are you'll never wear it out... BTW I think the better quality jaws will fit right in the HF head...I love mine and use the living crap out of it...never regreted buying it for a second.
This was a great reply. I was hoping to hear from more people about their actual experience.
I dont think I would buy the HF unit.
I am definitely going to buy the two head unit.
I want the foot operated stand, but I might make one. The other problem with the stand is, it will take up more room in my already tight garage.