Eastwood's New Plasma Cutter - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think it's great to see another budget machine on the market, and while I am an Eastwood Customer time will tell about the durability/reliability of these units (Welders/Cutters).

As for myself, I went on Ebay and bought a used Hypertherm 380 for $300.00. It has done everything I could ask of it with absolutely no troubles, and consumables are available locally-

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Now thats a deal. a used US made unit rather that one from China would be my choice too ...is hyperthrem still made in the US nowdays or did they go with the cheap labor too.
My mig is around 35 yrs old and I use it every day...I can still get parts for it too. plus it has extra drive wheels for welding stainless and aluminum.and I paid less than 300 for it over 10 yrs ago.
Buying a good name used one is also a better way to go IMO...
I'll tell ya what though Eastwoods has some exellent salespeople and are great at targeting hobbiests. theres a big market out there selling tools to people that dont know where the good stuff is or how to get it....Your better off at Harbor frieght and avoid the middle man that sticks an american name on it...plus theres no waiting for something ,theres a store 3 miles from my shop.When I see the prices in the Eastwood catalog I just laugh and wonder how they can stay in business. I just read the artical in streetrodder about the leadless body lead and I gotta say I almost went out and orderd some..ALMOST.....good advertising goes a long way too....
Old 02-19-2011, 02:41 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Behind the scenes at Eastwoods. Written by another member ....I also made up a better name for them ...... Fareastwood......

Eastwood soda blaster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the Eastwood blaster with the soda adaptor when they first came out. its been a good tool to have around. Just can't leave soda in it for a long time. I've seen a few others now from harbor freight, and Clarke. I'd bet they are the same, except for the soda adaptor and my sone has used it with soda without the adaptor.

I also want to add something. I had a very bad experience with Eastwood who I was spending IMO a good bit of money with. I had also called their tech line and got minimal help.

I was in the area where they are. My son wanted to paint his truck with the flat black paint that they sell. I had to ask some questions to.
I felt like I was a bother to the 2 guys working the counter. I also wanted to spend some time looking at their products that I had been looking at in there catalog.

They got many phone calls while I was looking through the store. What got me upset, especially since I had called them a few times was they made fun of everyone that called. IMO they acted like everyone was a idiot or stupid.

I left with the feeling that I was a burden to deal with and I didn't like the way they made fun of customers.

I sent a pretty serious e-mail about this also to Eastwood and never got a responce.

Since then I have not bought one thing from them. That is a loss for them since I do spend some money.

Ben Braun

Ben Braun

Tags
eastwood, plasma cutter

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.