Hot Rod Forum banner

eastwood's sound and heat barrier

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gus's 40 
#1 ·
has anyone used the eastwood brand type of sound and heat barrier? I put it on the floor and cowl and doors and the black tar stuff wont stop oozing out, I am real glad I haven't put it on the roof yet. Just wondering if I am using it wrong or if its normal

#2 ·
What I'm seeing from the reviews on Eastwood's website are nothing but horror stories about total failure in the most benign of applications. It seems impossible to me that this stuff is made of butyl rubber, which is how it is advertised. My guess is that they contracted with the makers of Peel & Seal roofing products to put their brand name on some asphalt roofing product, and are advertising it incorrectly. No way butyl rubber fails at 90 degrees F. That's what Dynamat is made of and there are no horror stories like that involving Dynamat. Either that, or it is butyl rubber diluted in some way.

Like everything else in this world, you get EXACTLY what you pay for with sound deadeners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.