Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eaton Compressor Pump & Motor Made in China?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You are right and apparently these pumps are also made in China although I have found nothing as yet to confirm that. Since I made that post I have done a bit of searching because even though they have the prominently displayed "Made in USA" logo in their ads those pumps are not the same design as the old ones I worked with for so many years and I could not help but wonder why all of a sudden they were so competitively priced. My personal Quincy compressor has served me well for many years, has been mounted on several different tanks and been powered by at least 3 different motors. I made my living using this thing when I started and I still have it, it was built in 1968 and it has never been overhauled but it still works great! I sent Quincy an E-mail about the origin of the pumps so maybe we will find out soon enough if they are Chinese imports wearing a made in USA label, I probably should have researched this better before making that post.

According to their website they have sales and service facilities in China but no manufacturing facilities for reciprocating compressors. They do however have a small joint venture, as of 2004, that manufacturers some parts in China for rotary screw compressors. As of right now, and I hope to learn more from my inquiry, it looks as if they are indeed still built in Illinois and Alabama!

Last edited by oldred; 08-28-2008 at 06:59 PM.