Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eaton Compressor Pump & Motor Made in China?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 05:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You are right and apparently these pumps are also made in China although I have found nothing as yet to confirm that. Since I made that post I have done a bit of searching because even though they have the prominently displayed "Made in USA" logo in their ads those pumps are not the same design as the old ones I worked with for so many years and I could not help but wonder why all of a sudden they were so competitively priced. My personal Quincy compressor has served me well for many years, has been mounted on several different tanks and been powered by at least 3 different motors. I made my living using this thing when I started and I still have it, it was built in 1968 and it has never been overhauled but it still works great! I sent Quincy an E-mail about the origin of the pumps so maybe we will find out soon enough if they are Chinese imports wearing a made in USA label, I probably should have researched this better before making that post.

-Edit-

According to their website they have sales and service facilities in China but no manufacturing facilities for reciprocating compressors. They do however have a small joint venture, as of 2004, that manufacturers some parts in China for rotary screw compressors. As of right now, and I hope to learn more from my inquiry, it looks as if they are indeed still built in Illinois and Alabama!

Last edited by oldred; 08-28-2008 at 05:59 PM.