Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eaton Compressor Pump & Motor Made in China?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 01:43 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Just to clarify things here: judging by badboyblasters's email address, and associated website, it looks to be Mark Cain, who seems to be related to Matt Cain, the owner of Eaton Compressor. Brothers?

Anyway, badboyblasters -- Welcome to the Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Once again...

...I don't really care if Matt's compressors are made in America, China, or on the moon.

Matt Cain threatened me with a lawsuit if I didn't reveal the identity of a person who posted about how Eaton Compressor's pumps and motors are made in China. That person's post was just a quote from an email that looked to have been sent by Eaton Compressor itself.

It's actually quite sad, because Eaton Compressors do indeed appear to have at least a reasonably decent reputation. But, once again, this isn't about Matt's compressors at all. It's about Matt's behavior.

By extension, this issue is also about the tactics being used to obscure the fact that certain products are technically manufactured in China, while claiming to be "Made in the USA". For example, Matt insisted that if 60% of the total cost of bringing a product to market is American-based, then he's legally allowed to say that it's "Made in the USA". Similarly, I can see on BadBoyBlasters.com that the site has an American flag in the background, AND the Statue of Liberty, AND a bald eagle. In addition, your logo text is red, white, and blue, AND, the "bad boy" figure in your logo is wearing an American flag bandanna. A non-savvy person, when exposed to all that imagery, can reasonably be expected to assume that your blasters are "Made in the USA".