Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eaton Compressor Pump & Motor Made in China?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I bought an Eaton pump ( the 32 cfm model) and a 7.5 hp motor from them as well. The motor was way less than half of what it would have cost me locally. I called Eaton compressor before the purchase, and they made no bones telling me right up front that the units were made in China, to their own specs. In fact, Matt Cain helped me make my choice of compressor easier. I was tired of talking to compressor sales people that insisted their unit was big enough to run a blast cabinet. I have a friend that let me use his medium size Quincy regularly, and it wouldn't keep up to his blast cabinet. Matt told me I needed 18 cfm minimum, and told me that his 32 cfm unit actual output was 26 cfm. That is what I bought and it does the job very well. That was over two years ago. Very happy, and no problems whatsoever.

I also bought a blast cabinet from Bad Boys, and at the time I was told that the two of them were brothers, although I can't remember which one of them told me that. Very happy with the blast cabinet as well.

Only thing I don't like is someone "slightly" masquerading as an uninvolved third party. I have no relationship to either company, other than being a happy customer.