Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eaton Compressor Pump & Motor Made in China?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:19 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Yes this is true, but not everybody is cut out for college. That was not a problem in the past, you just got a good paying job in manufacturing or some type of trade and you would be fine.
When and where was this? In this day of people having TV sets in every room, everyone having a cell phone on their hip, and computer networks in their home, how many would take a job in manufacturing? How much do you think that you could make, and have the product affordable to normal people?

You have to consider that in the days when I was young, we had very few extras at home. Most homes only had one phone in the house, a TV set in the livingroom for the family to watch, and no cable TV. Unless you were in a union job, most manufacturing jobs paid squat. If you were a union worker, there was a good chance that you were on strike every couple of years. That strike often effected both wage earners in the family. I saw many friends that worried that they would loose their homes when their parents were on strike. OH THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

If you really want to spend the money for a compressor made in the USA, be willing to spend a lot more money. Everyone wants higher pay, and also a lot of benefits, so that costs a lot of money. I may be able to set you up with one of the average home size for about $5000+.

Aaron