Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eaton Compressor Pump & Motor Made in China?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 11:16 AM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssaahemifan
I was all set to buy a Eaton since I could drive to the plant and pick it up. UNTIL I read about the China Pump....

I bought a Champion instead....
What kind of warranty does it have, and what country do you have to ship it to to get it repaired? Did you ask them where their pump is made at? Unless you paid about 4 times as much, I can almost guarantee it was not made here. Even if you did pay that, it most likely was made overseas somewhere.

Eaton carries a 5 year warranty on their compressors, and will tell you where they are made! They do have their pumps and motors built in China for them. They also make a lot of the stuff for the compressors right in the USA. They employ a lot of people here for that reason. If you think that the other compressors are all made in the USA, you are most likely wrong. It may take some doing to find out for sure where their stuff is made, but Eaton will tell you where their stuff comes from if you ask.

If you feel like you got a better deal than what Eaton was offering, then great. I like my Eaton pump on my compressor. I also like the fact that I can pick up the phone and call Mat Cain at Eaton, or send them an e-mail, if I have a problem with it.

Aaron