Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eaton Compressor threatens to sue me over "Made in China" compressor post
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I'm not bringing this thread back up to rehash what appears to have been thoroughly covered in the first pass a few months back.

However, I'm in the market for a compressor and was wondering if a few of you could point me in the direction of other companies who sell compressors similar to Eaton Compressor. I.e. compressors with replaceable parts, name brand motors, ... pick your own color even (not the junk they generally sell at big box stores)?

I saw Quincy mentioned above. Any others?

It looks like Quincy is likely more expensive than Eaton for similar specs, but I would have to price out shipping to compare directly.

I was strongly considering Eaton until I this thread gave me pause. My concern has little to do with something being made in China (most things are made in China now) and a lot more to do with someone being heavy-handed and unreasonable.

That said... strong (and unreasonable?) personalities are omnipresent (especially in owners/CEOs) and if I can't find an alternative product in the same general price/quality point I'm not going to overly penalize myself for someone else being obtuse.

Anyone make this kind of compressor for us hobbyist types?