Eaton Compressor threatens to sue me over "Made in China" compressor post - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 08:04 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

As said, jobs leaving is a fact of life now. In fact, China is the richest nation on earth now, since the USA is selling out to China hand over fist, the problem is going to get worse. My older brother said many times a few years back "were selling ourselves out, were putting ourselves out of buisness" and as much as I hate to admit it he`s right. As for this thing with the compressors, I will just say I love it when people make threats, with all the legal BS we already got in this country it seems funny you can make threats now and thats viewed as legal. I guess it depends on who you threaten. Some guy threatens presidential candidates and he gets locked up. But we say something is made in china and we get threatened with a lawsuit and other threats like "Your going to pay for this" as in what way? I guess not getting pacific covers there tail.
Let him talk the talk, lets see if he can walk the walk. When he see`s theres no case he won`t spend any money on it and disappear.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleVision
When he see`s theres no case he won`t spend any money on it and disappear.

I think before this is over he will be wishing it would disappear!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
Is that guy a TOTAL IDIOT? There are numerous posts here that simply rave about the quality of those things! I am sure, I mean I KNOW for a fact that these discussions here, and a couple of other sites, have sold several compressors for that outfit and until now they probably had more respect here than even some of the old industrial names. I answered my own question that guy IS an idiot and speaking for myself I will never recommend them to anyone again! IMO this is going to backfire on them bigtime, just wait until the rumor gets around that if a customer don't like his compressor and says anything he will get sued!
Oldred has a great deal of knowledge on compressors and welding, works in a field where good equipment is a must. He's not shy about sharing his opinion of equipment, I remember reading posts where he has reccomended Eaton. This is not good for Eaton, Oldred could be making a commission for Eaton...

The 60% rule, IIRC, has to do with tarriffs and taxes. And yes, there are various degrees of quality coming out of China. The poor quality will come to light whem it hurts the pocketbook, the better quality will go unnoticed, for the most part. Admitting some parts are made in China is not ALWAYS a bad thing, educating the public of the quality would be a better idea. Threats are just flat out stupid, it makes it look like you're dishonest and have something to hide. Maybe that's where the song "Pop goes the Weasel" originated...Popping up to make threats, arggggg..Now I will have this dudes picture in my head for awhile...lol. Time to mow the yard, adios til later.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:40 AM

Last photo:

August 20, 2008

China sentences 2 women to 're-education' for seeking to protest

"Two women in their late 70s have been sentenced to a year of "re-education through labor" after they repeatedly sought a permit to demonstrate in one of the official Olympic protest areas, according to family members and human rights advocates."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/08/20/asia/protest.php
Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Being in the industrial industry for many years I have had many opportunities to work on and use Eaton products, everything from industrial sized locomotive blowers to small compressors.

Without exception these products had been quality made and well designed, not too mention easy to get replacement parts for.

In todays economy finding something "not made in China" is almost an impossibility and for the most part many of these products have been "you get what you pay for" as far as quality goes. This country of origin has come a long way in quality control and base material quality over the last 20 years, similar to what happened with Japanese components and products in the 70's-80's.

However any company that plays hardball tactics over something as simple as admitting where their products are made makes me think twice about the integrity of their management and the direction the company is headed. I can only wonder how they treated their employees when they made the switch to outsourcing their products to another country.

Guess its just another sign of the times when "Mafia" techniques of communication are standard issue in corporate Amerika, how sad it is to see this kind of attitude finally exposed in the marketplace...and on an innocent internet forum whose only goal is to foster honest communications amongst its members regarding information on their products.

I have only one thing to say, Mr. Matt Cain is likely about to be handed his hat at the next corporate meeting regarding his actions and frivolous threats. Luckily shareholders have as much loyalty to crappy management as Grandma at Walmart.

Goodbye Matt, I only wish your golden corporate parachute could be made of lead and you could be made to account for your actions in a court of law. Oh well, I am sure he will be the head of some other unsuspecting corporation somewhere else in no time.

At least we know what kind of guy he is, I will watch for your name on the shareholder reports Matt. I will be pulling my investments in Eaton as a result of this engagement, thats the best I can do as a little guy.

Lets hope Eaton Corp does the same to their investment in you Matt.

Eaton In China
Old 08-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Last photo:

4jaw, I think Eaton compressor and the Eaton corp. are two different outfits. I have no doubt they have benefited from name recognition even though I don't think they have any connection to the industrial giant Eaton and I seriously doubt Eaton corporation would resort to non-sense like this nor would they let someone like Matt Cain speak for them..
Old 08-24-2008, 09:34 AM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

Quote:
Is that guy a TOTAL IDIOT? There are numerous posts here that simply rave about the quality of those things!
That's what I was thinking when I read the thread in question. Even it has positive things to say about their products...
Old 08-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

One possibility is that big corporations really don't give a damn about their own domestic markets. China IS emerging as an enormous new consumer market as well, much the same as what happened in Japan. It's "where the money is" ... or it soon will be.

Are "free enterprise" and capitalism going to be our own downfall?
We seem to enjoy handing over our own wealth of resources and technology to 3rd world countries ... effectively "training" them how to produce, manufacture, and distribute ... and ultimately COMPETE with items of our own invention.

North America has been responsible for SO much post-war innovation because our way of life has allowed people the means to BE innovative. People in developing nations seemed to be stuck in a "working to survive" rut, with little time to be creative or to be rewarded for being so. Communism, dictatorships, and empires really don't don't "inspire" people much.

I often wonder if deceased veterans are rolling over in their graves at the thoughts of those "enemies" that they fought so valiantly to defeat are now taking jobs away from their own offspring? Who REALLY won those wars?

Japanese "quality"
"German engineering"

Shame on corporations for using "peasant" labor, and shame on us for buying something JUST because it's cheaper!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

One more thought ...

The "Big 3" have been assembling vehicles and selling replacing parts for more than a decade.

Has anyone seen a decrease in car prices as a result?
A new 66 Mustang which was likely 90+ % American made (from steel, not plastic) used to sell for what ... $3000?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC
One more thought ...

The "Big 3" have been assembling vehicles and selling replacing parts for more than a decade.

Has anyone seen a decrease in car prices as a result?
A new 66 Mustang which was likely 90+ % American made (from steel, not plastic) used to sell for what ... $3000?
I am not being a smart arse, but what is the point?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:

Quote:
4jaw, I think Eaton compressor and the Eaton corp. are two different outfits. I have no doubt they have benefited from name recognition even though I don't think they have any connection to the industrial giant Eaton and I seriously doubt Eaton corporation would resort to non-sense like this nor would they let someone like Matt Cain speak for them..
I think you are right oldred.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:

OK...a little research on Google tells me that the Eaton Compressor and Fabrication Co. is a company all its own....absolutely no connection to the Eaton Corporation. Here is the url to the Eaton Compressor site ... http://www.eatoncompressor.com/page/page/504413.htm
Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 PM

Last photo:

I have always thought Eaton compressor tried to take advantage of a bit of name recognition and if Eaton corporation had no problem with that then why not? From now on if anyone asks about compressors I think it will be worth mentioning that name thing, along with a few other points, and instead of praising their integrity (which we have done in the past) I think what they are doing here will be more appropriately pointed out. I would not "bad-mouth" their products which are good for the price but their attitude, IMO, all but cancels that out and I think any potential customer needs to be aware of these poor business practices and their obvious attempt at deception. I have in the past commented on the fact they are one of the few companies that gave believable performance figures and I thought they could be trusted because of this, was I ever mistaken about that! Word of this little stunt will get around because the net has a big mouth and the more that people know of what they are trying to do the better it will be!
Old 08-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Sounds to me like this guy and StreetBeastOpsMan could be twins. They both like to threaten legal action and they both act like they have an IQ in single digits. Go figure.....
Old 08-24-2008, 02:49 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centerline
Sounds to me like this guy and StreetBeastOpsMan could be twins. They both like to threaten legal action and they both act like they have an IQ in single digits. Go figure.....

You can add the arsewanks at America's Pride Lifts to that list as well. Fraud is fraud, and deception is deception. We do seem to be finding it and exposing it on a more regular basis, and that may be the best we can do.

In a while, Chet.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.