Eaton Compressor threatens to sue me over "Made in China" compressor post - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 07:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OBM, That's some pretty strong words there!

The really scary part is that I find myself agreeing with you.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 PM

Last journal entry: Another year gone by...
Last photo:

Gotta support "Made in America"

I believe I read some years ago that Ford was having problems calling the Crown Vic an American made car; seems 52% is made in the USA, and the rest in Mexico. Created huge problems for most of the cop shops buying Crown Vics for their fleet. Don't know if they ever fixed it; however, the Charger seems to be the cop car of choice these days....
Old 08-28-2008, 11:08 PM

Last photo:

OBM, not to mention who will pay all the taxes to build & maintain infrastructure like roads, bridges, etc? The rich have their loopholes & you're not going to get much out of the guy who doesn't have a pot or a window so that's a good question. Unfortunately, with the terminal short sightedness where no one can think beyond the next quarters profit it will be too late before any of them realize that.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:26 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveU
Reading about them on this site is one of the reasons I bought mine. I for one have not seen any negative posts on here about eaton compressors and have probably read about everything written about them so don't understand where this is coming from. ...
Same dog bit me. I recently bought an Eaton compressor, based largely on the positive comments I'd seen here. But, I did read the thread in question before I purchased, so I knew full well it was made from imported parts. All the other stationary equipment in my shop is also made in Asia, so I figured it'd be right at home. (I wish I could buy US-made and still afford it.) I've been happy with the purchase, but seeing this type of tactics from Mr. Cain will make it unlikely I'll be recommending the company to anyone else.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:50 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workingwoods
I've been happy with the purchase, but seeing this type of tactics from Mr. Cain will make it unlikely I'll be recommending the company to anyone else.
There definitly are good alternatives and because of this kind of attitude from Mr Cain I think a warning about possible deceptive sales tactics would be more appropriate than a recommendation! I just can't understand it, I mean what is he thinking?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveU
OBM, not to mention who will pay all the taxes to build & maintain infrastructure like roads, bridges, etc? The rich have their loopholes & you're not going to get much out of the guy who doesn't have a pot or a window so that's a good question. Unfortunately, with the terminal short sightedness where no one can think beyond the next quarters profit it will be too late before any of them realize that.

Not to get completely off topic.

When push comes to shove & the poor huddled masses are looking for a meal ,the rich bastards in their mansions will be as good as having bulls eyes on them.

I don't know if its true{ 1 of the presidential dirt throwing ads} said another cain, McCain said that : the lower class under 5 Million are doing OK.

Fat Cat politicians!

Something needs to happen we need a REAL LEADER not these walking talking lying jerks.

God Help us.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
Not to get completely off topic.

When push comes to shove & the poor huddled masses are looking for a meal ,the rich bastards in their mansions will be as good as having bulls eyes on them.

R

This happened in St Petersburg 1917, wasn't a good time to be one of the rich. Real ugly period & the Stalin years weren't that good either. Back on topic, has there been any more communication from Eaton on this matter? Hopefully he will either join the board and give his side of the story or decide that the negative publicity from this will outweigh any gains he would make by following thru. I for one would hate to see this board get to where any reviews, opinions of or experiences with (fill in the blank) would have to be censored, edited, or deleted out of fear of legal action.That would allow situations like what happened in the Ampro lift thread to go unchecked and irreputable companies to repeatedly victimize others.

Last edited by SteveU; 08-29-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:51 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workingwoods
I've been happy with the purchase, but seeing this type of tactics from Mr. Cain will make it unlikely I'll be recommending the company to anyone else.
This pretty much sums up the way I feel too. On another forum there was a thread about compressors & Saylor Beall was mentioned, looked them up & find they are made right here in my state so would be a double bonus. Looks like they come with either splash or pressure lubrication depending on what you want and look to be on par with a Quincy. One question I can't seem to find the answer to is cost on something like a Quincy QR-25 in either a 5 or 7.5 hp or similar model in Saylor Beall. None of the websites I looked at listed prices & the ones on ebay were 10 hp or above & mostly 3 phase which I don't have.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Be careful, SteveU. Free speech does not include the right to reference over throwing our government. The ballot is the way to do that. St Petersburg 1917 resulted in the biggest massacre in history of one countryman killing another. 35 million on the low side, but more like 50 million. The sad part, anyone with an education was executed, leaving an educational void and mass hunger, cold, and starvation for many years until the Ruskys beat us to Berlin and captured all the educated Germans they could get their hands on and imprisoned them for the rest of their lives. When they all died out, the wall came down and they opened their borders to the west to entice more technology and educated people. If we would ever learn any thing from history, we would know they will slam their borders when they think they have enough to survive on and have pity on all those that are inside their borders when this happens.

Vote against anyone that is up for re-election and get the attention of those left standing.

Trees
Old 09-02-2008, 10:50 AM

Facts

I am sad.
I have enjoyed this forum and the folks in it.
The bottom line is this I am a NO BULL type and if you want to know just read my posts. I try to cut the BS when ever posable.
I spoke with Mr. Cain just a few moments ago, it has not been the first time. He handles many matters personaly and if you are reasonable and call for him he will be glad to help. I spent posably more than 30 min on the phone with this busy person. I was critical if I thought it was warented and yet no fire or threts of lawsuit! He has put his cards on the table and has the records to prove it.

I have two of his off shore made pumps currently in service. There is a diffrence between a compressor and a Pump, the compressor is a whole unit, pump motor and tank. If you go on his website you can buy "bare pumps" and I have more than once and will as often as I need a compressor or pump. I do not like our GDP but the closest "American pump";who is to say that they do not farm out the castings or even the machine work to have their gaskets punched at Felpro in VA and then assemble and call the resultant product American, is Hundreds of dollars if not thousands more. It just depends on who you are willing to throw your money at!

I ask that FACTS; that are able to be substantiated, are brought out for the apposing side to prove his point or wither in hearsay and slander!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:37 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRat
I am sad.
I have enjoyed this forum and the folks in it.
The bottom line is this I am a NO BULL type and if you want to know just read my posts. I try to cut the BS when ever posable.
I spoke with Mr. Cain just a few moments ago, it has not been the first time. He handles many matters personaly and if you are reasonable and call for him he will be glad to help. I spent posably more than 30 min on the phone with this busy person. I was critical if I thought it was warented and yet no fire or threts of lawsuit! He has put his cards on the table and has the records to prove it.

I have two of his off shore made pumps currently in service. There is a diffrence between a compressor and a Pump, the compressor is a whole unit, pump motor and tank. If you go on his website you can buy "bare pumps" and I have more than once and will as often as I need a compressor or pump. I do not like our GDP but the closest "American pump";who is to say that they do not farm out the castings or even the machine work to have their gaskets punched at Felpro in VA and then assemble and call the resultant product American, is Hundreds of dollars if not thousands more. It just depends on who you are willing to throw your money at!

I ask that FACTS; that are able to be substantiated, are brought out for the apposing side to prove his point or wither in hearsay and slander!

He may be good at PR but there is no excusing the type of behavior that is the subject of this thread. If someone was intentionally spreading lies about Eaton then he may have had a case but trying to suppress truthful (by their own admission) discussion about their products by threatening a lawsuit? He is upset because we were talking about the FACT that his product is made in China and he apparently feels that he has a right to hide that FACT and will try to use the court system to silence free speech for his monetary gain. Sorry but there is no excuse for his actions IMO and I for one will never again recommend to anyone to buy his products unless he can come up with a good explanation for his actions. Eaton is not the only builder of good compressors and lately there are some GOOD AMERICAN made units becoming available at prices competitive to the Eaton, maybe that is what he is concerned about. The simple fact is the Eatons are made in China regardless of quality and if he is ashamed of that fact then too bad it was his decision to buy them from there. He has absolutely no right to try to use threats and intimidation to stifle any discussion about this to try and hide the facts. He may be a good PR person when dealing with a customer but he has shown his true colors and unless he can explain himself IMO he should not be trusted.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:47 PM

Oldred, that is the very reason that I contacted him! I agree whole heartedly. It seems from speaking with him that his point of intrest within the thread has been that it misrepresented his compressor.

The heart of the matter, as I see it, is a simple miscomunication! The term compressor has been use interchangeably for both the WHOLE PRODUCT and for the pump that has to be an integrated component of said whole thruout this and other threads and is a misinformed use of verbage.

This causes confusion that may be just that or may be used with a negitive advertising program. And as it just so happens the google botts are suseptable to manipulation on a basic level that when used to harm a reputation constitutes a civil crime and a more serious charge that should be deeply reconoitered!! Sic Semper Tyranis.

In closing I can only hope that a person reading this thread befor the purchase of a compressor will not act on any unbased, unproven claims one way or another! Caveat emptor (May the buyer be ware.)
Old 09-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bucket23
All the problems they (GM) are having with the 3.4 leaking coolant through the head gaskets. Those engines are made in China. The American companies need to learn to build a better product, not a cheaper one. They went from having one of the most solid V6 engines to a piece of crap to save afew bucks and further kill the US auto industry at the same time.
I apologize for drifting off-topic here, but your ABSOLUTELY right on that point!

The 3800 (3.8 L) Buick engine that was installed for more than a decade was indeed a VERY good power-plant. I've got the Series II supercharged model in my 98 Grand Prix GTP ... and it seems all but bulletproof!

I have been working in jobber parts for the last 16 years ... and virtually NOTHING breaks on them!

Getting rid of it was a HUGE mistake!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 PM

Last photo:

RR, I think you are still missing the point, where pray tell, does anyone say ANYTHING misleading about the product? In fact I challenge you to show us where anyone is bad-mouthing the product, misleading or not. The fact is that pump AND the motor is, by their own admission, made in China. I am not saying that is good or bad, that's totally beside the point, the issue here is Mr Cain's attempt to use threats and intimidation to silence free speech. This is not about the quality, or lack of, of the product but about maintaining our basic constitutional right to not be afraid to speak our mind on any subject we so desire. If someone had been intentionally spreading lies and mis-information in an attempt to do his company harm that would be wrong but to try and silence a discussion about a FACT that was made clear by their own admission? Mr Cain needs to learn that although he may sell Chinese products this is NOT China!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:26 AM

For the sake of clarity I will answer in a pint by point format. First I feel that I must say that I hold no afiliation whatsoever with Eaton corp, Mr. Cain and have no monitary intrest in this situation, however I feel that a good man has been trodden apon.

1. I belive that the confusion stems from the interchanging use of the words compressor and pump. This begins in the first post where the author (Cmoney) dicribes the "unit" and goes on to say that they (Cmoney) had at one time belived that it (the unit) was US made. The author Quotes Mr Derr. They finish by conveying the hope that it was not a mistake (ordering the compressor) because of a vauge reference to the quality of chinese work. But then asks if there is anyone who will verify that Eaton uses off shore parts.

As the post opens the comperessor is dicribed as a unit and that this unit was not made in the USA, at the end of the post however the author references the use of chinese PARTS. My conclusion is that the author has failed to consistantly discribe the very subject of their post. This muddys the water to the point that a casual reader will have trouble distinguishing weather it is the compressor "UNIT" OR some of its intgeral components are of off shore mfg! It is subtle but defineitely suspect, in the world of competitive intelligence.

Standing alone it is inocent enough. The question is who has placed the post. If indeed it is a private person then the post should stand, unaltered; in my opinion, and yet if they are a competitor than it is an underhanded, corruption of prudence and this board would be condoning such an action.

2 Yes, I agree that the origin of the pump or motor is beside the point.

3 It is my understanding that Mr. Cain contacted the admin of the board to discover the nature of the post and how that interaction played out has not been discussed with me by him (Mr. Cain) or proven in any satisfactory way by the board's admin to our membership or the guests.

REX

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.