Eaton Compressor threatens to sue me over "Made in China" compressor post - Page 6 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

To clarify, Mr. Cain didn't contact me to "discover the nature of the post". He threatened me with a lawsuit, and then his lawyer sent me a letter pushing for the identity of the poster. According to Mr. Cain's posts on his local community forum, he has a reputation for threatening people with frivolous lawsuits.

We can't tell who CMoney is, because, obviously, I'm not handing over any information that could reveal his identity. His post was in fact quoting a post from another forum, which is quoting an email from Eaton itself, which says that the pump and the motor are both Made in China.

In addition, this issue is about the distortion of truth, and the use of "60%" rules to obscure the nation in which Mr. Cain's compressors are manufactured.

At least I'm glad we're on the same page that it's a side-issue whether the compressors are manufactured in America, China, or on the moon. For me, this isn't about Matt's compressors at all -- it's about his behavior.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 02:49 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Jon, thank you for your service to Hotrodders evrywhere in running this board. I like it here and will stay if allowed, but I have made my bed and will sleep in it as some would say to discribe the making of personal judgments.
Respectfully, REX.

1 The content of the discourse between Matt and yourself is not available to me in any form but that of your V his word and so as a gentelman I must consider nither valid for use in my personal judgment of the situation.

There are tecnical methods of having the information that it seems Matt wants. Befor using these methods I would personaly contact the party in question and try to request that information (depending on an antisipated risk which if to high, it's fun time first) if I am unsucsessfull I assume that the entire theater is hostile and start with the fingernails of the numbers between me and what I want. How he does it is his business.

2 It is utterly astounding to discover who distorts the truth on a regular basis some find out; all to late, that mommy had been feeding them lies for decades! ROFL
Matt's understanding of the law should close nuff to be seviceable and his lawyer's had better be or he is open to being disbared and feathered. LOL So the whole made in America distortion bit 60% ... is invalid in the light that he seems not concerned with a dicusion of fact but with the posability that a little sneek may be bending over backwards to be a wise *** and defame Eaton compressors by any means large or small. Frankly that little post caught my attn and had some weight in my disision making process when chosing an Eaton some time ago, until I rejeted the information in the post and thread out of hand as frivolous.

REX
Old 09-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Your repeated insinuation that Matt Cain has been defamed, and that a "good man has been trodden upon" clearly indicates your bias.

If indeed you have spoken to Mr. Cain multiple times, then I suggest you ask him to confirm whether or not he threatened me with a lawsuit, or if indeed I am saying anything that isn't completely true. I would be extremely interested to know if he denies any of the above.

Eaton sent out an email in which they admitted that their pump AND motor are made in China. That email got posted to the web, and now they're trying to get it pulled by threatening suit if it doesn't disappear, and having their lawyer push for the identity of the poster.

I don't think that the GarageJournal member who posted the email was a "little sneak", I don't think that CMoney is a little sneak, and I don't think that I'm a little sneak either. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise, and I think it certainly doesn't make you look like a "gentleman".

60% American, Chinese pump, Chinese pump AND motor -- I don't care. Cain sicced his lawyer on me, to try to bully me into pulling a post, and into revealing the identity of a forum member. He also said that he's been successful in getting posts pulled in the past, so it looks like he's been making the rounds of forums, threatening admins to pull negative information about his products. His unethical tactics stop here.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:48 AM

I am comfortable with my position and I think that all of the conserns that you have brought to the table are covered in depth in my previous posts. If you would like to bring some new information to the table or an other point of view to light I will gladly consider them.
A detail
Why would Eaton request the identiy of the poster if they just wanted the letter pulled? Shurely they don't intend to beat him up after all this is not China! ROFL ROFL ROFL SNORT!!

It is a shame you seem mad, sleep on it and a way will hopfully come to you.

All, I leave you unbiased but troubled. I hope this will be setled well, as I have high hopes for all involved!
REX
Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Home School Valedictorian

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexRat
I am comfortable with my position and I think that all of the conserns that you have brought to the table are covered in depth in my previous posts. If you would like to bring some new information to the table or an other point of view to light I will gladly consider them.
A detail
Why would Eaton request the identiy of the poster if they just wanted the letter pulled? Shurely they don't intend to beat him up after all this is not China! ROFL ROFL ROFL SNORT!!

It is a shame you seem mad, sleep on it and a way will hopfully come to you.

All, I leave you unbiased but troubled. I hope this will be setled well, as I have high hopes for all involved!
REX

So they can threaten him/her with legal action if they do not cease and desist, Obviously.
Beat them up, not physically.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ownerT
So they can threaten him/her with legal action if they do not cease and desist, Obviously.
Beat them up, not physically.

Rex can't spell either !! I had trouble reading this last post. His others - just as confusing.

For example:

conserns
identiy
an other
Shurely
setled

Additionally, this is not the real reason for this post. Eaton is in error. They are claiming US manufacture. It isn't. That along with Cain's threats is really the point of this thread. Evidently it is a pretty good product, it's the lie that has been perpetrated that it is American built that has many of us upset.

Last edited by Irelands child; 09-03-2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:

I think today there is a blurred line between Made in the USA and Assembled in the USA.. Want to test this , when talking to folks that proudly exclaim they have a Toyoda, I tell em it is a foreign car. This of course really irritates them and they boast it is made in the USA, to which I proudly exclaim that is is ASSEMBLED in the USA not made here.
I like to tell people that there foreign car is just that a foreign car they really hate it, I guess the truth hurts.
Anyway it sounds like Eaton is playing the bill clinton game, parsing words ....... to bad they loose creditability for this and I certainly understand the owners point of view..
Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Rex can't spell either !! I had trouble reading this last post. His others - just as confusing.

For example:

conserns
identiy
an other
Shurely
setled

Additionally, this is not the real reason for this post. Eaton is in error. They are claiming US manufacture. It isn't. That along with Cain's threats is really the point of this thread. Evidently it is a pretty good product, it's the lie that has been perpetrated that it is American built that has many of us upset.

Not to mention his childish attempt to say he is laughing at us. Real mature sounding guy that one is.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
Not to mention his childish attempt to say he is laughing at us. Real mature sounding guy that one is.
His thread posts give me the feeling that he is most likely someone pretty close to Cain/Eaton, possibly an employee, friend/neighbor that just happens to be a member here -

We all misspell a word occasionally and a few of us even more then that - but Spell Check can fix spelling errors (though not grammar)
Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Maybe Eaton should take some lessons from Vice-Grip and send all manufacturing to China. Instead of partially screwing Americans 60%, Eaton could do it right and screw America 100%.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi
I think today there is a blurred line between Made in the USA and Assembled in the USA.. Want to test this , when talking to folks that proudly exclaim they have a Toyoda, I tell em it is a foreign car. This of course really irritates them and they boast it is made in the USA, to which I proudly exclaim that is is ASSEMBLED in the USA not made here.
I like to tell people that there foreign car is just that a foreign car they really hate it, I guess the truth hurts.
Anyway it sounds like Eaton is playing the bill clinton game, parsing words ....... to bad they loose creditability for this and I certainly understand the owners point of view..
Uh--some are manufactured here-----Toyota Tundra---less than 4 miles from my house .

For me personally----not so much that that they are being made here---it is that the profits of these "foriegn on US soil" manufacturers are going overseas.----Same as a Foreign car to me.

I think that if we could support our own businesses, we would be better off.
But, our own people should be able to make it affordable, or at least competitive.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan59EC
Uh--some are manufactured here-----Toyota Tundra---less than 4 miles from my house .

For me personally----not so much that that they are being made here---it is that the profits of these "foriegn on US soil" manufacturers are going overseas.----Same as a Foreign car to me.

I think that if we could support our own businesses, we would be better off.
But, our own people should be able to make it affordable, or at least competitive.
At least there are jobs to be done with foriegn cars being built over here.

What's the difference where these ridiculous profits go?
They won't help the average Joe anyway.

They came here creating jobs, so at least you know they're not gonna pack up and move to China. (are they?)
Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I don't think that the GarageJournal member who posted the email was a "little sneak", I don't think that CMoney is a little sneak, and I don't think that I'm a little sneak either. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise...
Jon, the GarageJournal member, and CMoney are not 'little sneaks', Eaton and other manufacturers that claim the patriotic "Made In USA" where they're only 60% Made in USA are little sneaks. They should indicate the percentage of Made in USA parts alongside the label so that we (consumers) may make more intelligent purchasing decisions, especially if we're buying USA made to help our fellow countrymen. Perhaps we'll have to contact a consumer advocate group on this issue. Jon and CMoney and the guy from GarageJournal are real journalists- almost like the muckrakers of a century ago- in my perspective, letting the truth be known, rather than reading off some teleprompter. Heck, a third grader can wear a tie and read off a teleprompter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepi

I couldn't agree more. On new cars next to the window sticker that says how many cupholders and if four or six cylinders cower under the plastic engine cover under the hood, there is a smaller, more overlooked sticker indicating the origin of Engine and Transmission, and parts content from USA, and I think it might just be 'other countries' or Canada may be lumped in with the USA (at least they're unionized... which ensured good treatment back in the day, but I feel they're getting too powerful and are becoming more of a hindrance, not unlike higher corporate taxes and ever increasing industrial emission standards. China subsidizes oil, has cheap labor, and has zero industrial emission standards, which I feel is irresponsible, but all of the treehuggers here are the other way, almost suppressing progress in the name of a smaller carbon footprint. Keep up the good work on that carbon footprint of yours, pepi.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy
At least there are jobs to be done with foriegn cars being built over here.

What's the difference where these ridiculous profits go?
They won't help the average Joe anyway.

They came here creating jobs, so at least you know they're not gonna pack up and move to China. (are they?)
Those "profits" are Taxed, those Taxes help pave American Roads, enable Governmental Services, and help to support the American economy (and more)-it DOES matter.

Also,I was not aware that Toyota, Honda and the other cars that are assembled in America were actually "Manufactured" in America-certainly there are parts of them that are, but my understanding is that most of the parts are made in Japan (or China, or)-

As for American Cars, certainly there are foreign parts on them (let's get that out of the way)-the Majors (including Toyota and Honda) sell cars all over the World-the difference is where the Taxes on the profits are paid, IMHO-
Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35WINDOW
Those "profits" are Taxed, those Taxes help pave American Roads, enable Governmental Services, and help to support the American economy (and more)-it DOES matter.

Also,I was not aware that Toyota, Honda and the other cars that are assembled in America were actually "Manufactured" in America-certainly there are parts of them that are, but my understanding is that most of the parts are made in Japan (or China, or)-

As for American Cars, certainly there are foreign parts on them (let's get that out of the way)-the Majors (including Toyota and Honda) sell cars all over the World-the difference is where the Taxes on the profits are paid, IMHO-

They have assembly plants up here as well and I'm sure the government,if they're smart are getting their tax money out of all the companies running in this country.

Oh jeez. I just realized that the government may just be dumb enough not to hit them with corporate taxes.

Anyone know about this exactly?
If they have special tax breaks, then I fully retract my original post.

Pugsy

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.