Hot Rod Forum banner

EBay Aluminum radiators

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  '48 Austin 
#1 ·
HI. I just finish my engine build for my 85 Chevy C10. Have a lot of money in this build n want engine to run cool is possible. Was looking for 3 or 4 row/core Aluminum radiators that don't cost a lot. Notice E Bay have them for a good price. Has any one tried one of these.

#6 ·
do not forget that the majority of radiators have composite tanks with aluminum cores. really reasonable in price and are just as efficient as high buck aluminum radiators. less than 200 bucks in many cases ..

#7 ·
I have a champion radiator in my Fairlane. It fits, looks, and cools great. Price was reasonable.

Also x2 on what shine said above. Alot of replacement radiators nowadays are aluminum with plastic tanks, even on older vehicles. For example my dad's 67 c10 will need a radiator soon. Napa and advance list a radiator with plastic tanks. If it's cheaper than champion by a decent amount, we'll probably run one. The core is still aluminum it will cool the same assuming fin and tube counts are similar. I'm not afraid of the plastic tanks either, after all they've been put in everything for over 20 years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I've got an aluminum radiator in my Model A, purchased on eBay from Dillon Radiator, Rochester, MN. Had it powder coated black satin, looks like a $1,000 Walker, I've $250 in it, couldn't be happier, 11,000 in these last 2 years. Make sure to not mount the radiator solidly, need to mounted with very good rubber mounts, Barry mounts are the best.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.