Hot Rod Forum banner

Ebay Damaged In Shipping Resolution

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Crosley 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a dash cap off ebay for my 3rd gen Camaro.

1984-1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28 Dash Cap Skin Overlay Cover - 223 Chevy

It arrived in a large box shipped by ebay global shipping.....damaged.
The front corners are split.

I have informed the seller and they are willing and ready to send me a replacement that will be hand picked defect free.

But first I must raise a complaint on ebay about damaged in shipping....
I´ve been to a host of pages to find the right place to complain but just get the run around, you get sent to pages listing complaint choices or their given resolutions BUT never the actual page you can write your issues out.

Any one on here had issues with damaged in shipping and found the right place to make a complaint ?

See less See more
#3 ·
I did see that but as I´m here in Spain I did´nt want to spend time on "hold"..

I expected a customer service email address.

So I have just been told after starting a shipping complaint on my item,
not as damaged but not as described by seller.

Taken to this page.
At the bottom of that page I´m asked if the information was helpful and to write any improvements I think should be made.
I´ve done that, it´s anonymous, they get a complaint but don´t know who it´s from.
Go to contact us, further down and the cycle starts again.:pain::pain:

Now I can´t find that number again....:D

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Oh dear...........

“Spent nearly an hour and a half and the person didn't know how to address the problem of seller credits for auto re-list fees that occurred because of bugs in eBay! They did nothing but tell me no manager was available”

I will risk a call though when other avenues turn into dead ends.

#8 ·
This is my first problem with a part purchased on ebay, so far only made four purchases.
I've done my part and now a new part is being processed to be sent.

My gripe is ebay does not make it easy to navigate their pages, maybe more experienced users get on better with it.

#10 ·
I agree on ebay's constant reluctance to help with a sale or issue. They have removed nearly all the mechanisms they once had to contact them directly. They don't want to play intermediary, they just want the commission.

Even if you were able to contact them, the first question they would ask is "did you contact the seller ??" Since the seller is willing to make this right, you don't need to involve ebay, which is their intent. IF you can't get satisfaction from a seller, THEN evilbay MAY try to help, but from my experience with them, I doubt they would.
I made over 300 purchases years ago on there and found the descriptions of used parts to be vague and inaccurate and when making a claim, they would side with the seller saying they "probably didn't realize it was different than they described" and deny the claim. Ebay isn't going to pi$$ off a seller and lose income if they quit selling.
I buy very little on there anymore and usually only new products or tools with a manufacturer warranty. To me, all their claims of how we are covered by their warranties are just smoke and mirrors...:mad:

#9 ·
Did you use PayPal? Hopefully!! That is usually the best way to solve a complaint. The vendor has to respond with an offer to replace or refund for an item that doesn't meet the description, damaged or never shipped. The seller has a set period of time to make good or he is 'blemished' and the money removed from his account if possible. I went through that process with some items recently and was reimbursed in excess of 50% on one where one piece was fine, the other wasn't and 100% on the other. In both cases the seller said keep the junk.

Dave W

#11 · (Edited)
I had the same problem with a dash cap I bought off of eabay for my 3rd gen camaro about a year ago. Ends were split. I contacted the seller and they told that they several that were split and it comes boxed when they order them and they just ship them out. They wanted a picture of the shipping label and the problem with the dash cap emailed to them and they would replace it. New one showed in 4 days to my door and was told to just scrap the broke one. Didnt have to deal with contacting ebay about it, seller took care of it.

A guy I know went to walmart and bought the thin cheap fleece blanket they have and aplyed it to his cap with a upholstry adhesive, he pushed it through the vents first then aplied the glue that way he could cut the back side and have meterial to fold and glue underneath to hold it. It looked pretty nice from what saw of it. Sorry dont have any pictures of it. Cost was about $25.00 and some time.

#14 ·
Awesome to hear! I just had one fixed too. I bought an item and it came in a different color than I ordered. I left neutral feedback and they contacted me asking if they could do anything. I didn't think to ask, should have. Anyway they said another is on the way free of charge. Sounds good!

Brian

#16 ·
What happened, did it come damaged too? My last post I said that company was sending me my replacement, and I haven't received it. However, I have received many emails from them asking me "now that a new one has been shipped" to remove my neutral feedback! LOL, With every message they ask me to remove it now that they have sent a replacement. I said with every one of those messages "When I receive the new one I will be happy to remove the neutral feedback I left, I thank you so much for doing this, I will be thrilled to say how great you are". Then the next message comes "Now that we have fixed the problem, can you remove your neutral feedback"? LOLOL I finally after about 5-6 of these said "What don't you understand? When I receive it, I will change it!" I went on to say, it's been 15 days, the first one got here in 12, and you gave me a tracking number from the very beginning, what is the tracking number this time?". And I haven't gotten any response that includes a tracking number!

I had one company tell me after I sent them a note asking for a refund that the LED lights they sent me were junk tell me to leave positive feedback and THEN they would refund me! LOLOL I then left them a raging negative feedback and told them it's not worth the $15 to sell my soul. LOL

But I am wondering if I am going to get this replacement, really wondering.

Brian

#17 ·
The replacement has a crack starting on one front corner the other corner is deformed.

The way I see it, however much you pay for something be it cents or dollars,
the money you fork over is never "damaged."

So far the people I´m dealing with are civilised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.