Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ebay engine builders
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Two vendors that I consider for a motor

Hello:
I went checking around for over a year into possible vendors...Looked at the BBB and even contacted buyers of motors on ebay through a vendor...Mabbco Engine on ebay uses Elgin parts in their rebuilds..These parts are made int the USA...I have talked to them on the phone and emailed about 4 times already.
For a 350 short block with 4 bolt main in the 70-79 era is $735.00 + shipping adding another 225 to the fee.(shipping is for my zip code)

What I did is searched out the ranking and only would consider someone above 99.5%; Then I looked at what people bought by looking at the amount of sales they have done. Then after finding motors that were purchased about 6 months earlier and up to a year earlier, I sent them an email through ebay, all came back and said that they were happy with Mabbco Engines...I only found one complaint through the BBB on them and it was the Mechanic's fault that installed the rear main one piece seal. He installed it with silicon sealer after discovering that it had leaked bad...Instead of sending the motor back to Mabbco, the Mechanic did it themselves and voided the warranty when the customer continued to have problems with the leaking rear main seal.,..Mabbco did repair the problem, but they stated to the owner it was the Mechanic's fault for the use of silicon and the warranty was void, since they could no longer guarantee if silicon got into the oil system...
My personal opinion is I am considering them for a purchase, because everyone that did send a email back stated that their were no problems with the motor's they had purchased from Mabbco...

The other vender that I am considering is hardcore horsepower and his 383 motors...He is willing to do lay-away on the motors. everything I have investigated on him seems ligit also.