Ebay - I am pissed off! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2005, 06:57 AM
Time is short, are you ready?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ebay - I am pissed off!

I never bought anything from Ebay and have always been apprehensive about it, especially having read some the horror stories, even on this board.

I had signed up a long time ago (maybe two years ago), but never bought anything. Well, today I tried to buy a distributor. I went to check out using my Visa CC and was informed that it was assigned to another account, and to use another card!

Unless I have lost my mind, I only have one account at Ebay. But the most frustrating thing is I can't find a phone number to talk to a live person, even if they can barely speak English. And when you use "Buy it Now", it will not let you cancel the bid/transaction. So I have bought a distributor that I cannot pay for.

Although I have not seen any unauthorized charges on my statement, I canceled my credit card immediately. I also sent an Email to the seller, but have not seen a response. And the phone number rolls into some woman's voice mail (cell phone I think).

This is extremely frustrating. I think I will just stick with Summit and Jegs for the added piece of mind. It may cost more, but it will be worth it to me. Ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2005, 07:13 AM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Use a postal money order.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 AM
wind & fire = guides to power

Last photo:

No Phone but....

Ebay Live Help

Ebay Trust & Safety
Old 07-13-2005, 07:57 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Edge,

Hope you get it sorted out. My experiences on Ebay have always been good...but I'm certain my "Edge" day will eventually happen. Keep us informed of what happens because we all need to be prepared for the day it happens to us.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

I had the very same credit card problem. It seems that if you change your e-mail address, your card stays registered to the old address until hell freezes over. Ebay said my old address would expire, but it never did, and I was so mad I wasn't about to give them another card #.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:12 AM
More dogs than bones

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

alot of people have been getting the shaft. shilling? i think is a big problem. they bid on their own stuff. oh yea and did i tell you about the new definition of the word "good" as in condition? now if somethings in good condition, its more or less not missing too many peices, and the peices that are there are good. lol, these scamming peice of crap dicks.

ebay is good for a deal or two, but in large its resold defective merchanise.

ever buy the headers with incorrect o2 sensor placement? or a burned out gauge? or the "new" heads with improperly knurled valve guides?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Chief Procrastinator

Last photo:

I've dealt with lots of people through e-bay and never had problems. Ask all questions about an item via e-mail so that you will have a record of what the seller told you. check very closely, if it's a high dollar item, have someone local check or appraise the item before you bid. Don't buy on e-bay without checking the shipping costs, if a deal looks too good to be true, it likely is. Check feedbacks before you bid. Don't bid until the last day (or few hours) of an auction. (shill bidders are illegal, but still happen, usually early in the auction)
Have fun with it, but don't expect it to be the be-all end-all for parts and supplies.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

EBAY works for the most part. I have been using it since it was AUCTIONET! Its just like everything else in life. They say a picture is worth 1000 words? NOT ON EBAY! I have been screwed on ebay before, but you learn that you gotta KNOW what your buying. you have to ASK QUESTIONS. you got to be specific! you gotta see more than one crappy photo. I dont even deal with people who have one photo or if they dont answer ALL my questions. originally i was gonna buy my ranchero on ebay, but I realized that is probably the WORST way to buy a car.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:14 AM

Last photo:

i found a " Good " 350 4 bolt main block on ebay, was .30 over just a hone job would clean it up it was 30mi from me, so i had a buddy pick it up (garage was real dark & block was dirty) he seen a scratch in one cylinder, guy had no cherry picker so the 2 threw it in back of the p/u ooh yeah it was a 100degrees outside,120 in garage and he took it straight to machine shop. one hole .60 would not clean up and one hole was sleeved. the seller gave my $100 back, and offered me a 350 outa a 69 camaro with double hump heads, motor was complete. and only $1400, i passed.........

Mustangsaly
Old 07-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

I have had good luck with everything except 1 thing. I bought a TPI fuel injection set up off a Camaro that was to have aftermarket runners bigger injectors and a chip. When I received the stuff it had none of this. Seller did make it right gave me most of my money back. I kept the parts for a fair price. On the other hand I bought my 1931 Model A off Ebay. and had no problems. also many other small parts and tools.

It sounds like MI2600 is correct in what may have happened. This has happened to me a few times. Nothing ever came of it.

Steve
Old 07-13-2005, 01:04 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

iv e bought 2 things so far ...

a king pin puller/press for $100. cheaper than snap on and it is in excellent shape it came from washington state.

and a bushing driver set brand new.

the one i needed from matco was $80 and i got the whole set for $25 OTC STINGER

im seriously thinking about selling on ebay because of my disabilities and was going to post a opinion poll.

i would really like to hear al lthe stories i can good bad and indifferent

i saw a documentary on CNBC the other night and its not a perfect operation thats for shore

thanks

sr66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 07-13-2005, 01:12 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

bought a steering wheel for $125 which was high but that's what they were going for. then the a-hole told me he wanted $35 to box and ship. i said ups only wants like $10. he said "i take it to a place where handicapped people package it and it goes to charity" i said drop it down or i wont buy it so i ended up paying still like $20-25! i gave him a neutral feedback so he gave me one.

next time (i've only done two) i won a set of beauty rings for $10. i was the only bidder! he told me i had to pay on paypal. i asked for a total amount and he said i had to go thru checkout. he would not give me a total including shipping! i gave him my address and told him to give me his so i could send a check or money order and he wouldnt, he said i had to go thru checkout. well i dont have paypal and i dont have access to ebay at work so i emailed him like four times asking for the total and he never gave it then said he was tired of f'ing with me and not to send anything cause he wouldnt sell it to me and was going to re-list it. so i gave him negative feedback. so he gave me one too. then he told ebay i refused to pay!!! if i hadnt of saved his emails i would have got stuck with that too, but i sent ebay his email saying he wouldnt sell it to me and they removed it, but i STILL HAVE THE NEG. FEEDBACK EBAY **** FULL OF CSUCKERS!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:23 PM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

robkeller what would you sell? I think its a good idea, but then I also think in some areas EBAY is oversaturated. so I think you need a either a NICHE or an item that you can "out sell" competeing items with.

As you can see from Bullheimer. both the SELLER and the BUYER need to be specific, if you only take PAY PAL then say it, if you take anything BUT paypal, then say it. ALWAYS put your shipping costs down UPFRONT and specify that they are US only or foreign shipping is EXTRA! If you are flexable on shipping say so. when I was selling I had a whole "disclaimer" type of thing that I always copied into my ads. It stated what currecy I accepted, my shipping rates, my return policy, cancelations, expiration etc...

good luck!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Last journal entry: My 1962 Falcon
Last photo:

e-bay

If we are all looking for something perfect, then we arent living in the real world. There is no such thing. I just learn to live with it, this way it makes my life alot happier. I have bought alot from E-bay, and i have only had one problem but it wasnt worth getting upset about. If im not perfect, how can i expect everyone else to be. Come to think about it none of us are. Take your chances and enjoy life no matter what happens. There are always two sides to everything.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:38 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

crazy gutgut

1 i have a "buddy" who has aknack for hitting yard sales and picking up stuff cheap what i consider junk but he knows what resells most of the time he dont get burned that i know of
antiuqes dolls H O cars he always get abunh o crap and some cool stuff

me i think i would start with tools that i can find at yard sales i got to shut down be back after this storm!!!

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.