Ebay Liars - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ebay Liars

I sell alot on Ebay, but I don't buy alot. When I do buy something, I like to get a good deal, just like anyone else.

I purchases a set of Bow Tie Phase 2 heads off of a guy. The auction stated that he had bought them brand new for his race car, used them for three months, then decided to go to larger 220 CC runner dart heads.

Well, I paid the guy via paypal right away. The guy was slow to ship the heads, it took 3 weeks to get them. When I got them, they were not even a matching pair. One of them has the relief over the spark plug and the other one doesnt.

One of the heads has the larger water ports on it, and the other has the smaller ones.

One head had just had the seats cut, the other one didn't. How does a heads you just removed from a race car have the seats cut in it? Liar Liar Liar.

This guy told me that his "Mom Died", and that's why the shipping took so long.

What in the hell do you say to someone who tells you their "mom died"?

I didn't say anything, but I wish I could get my mom to die every time I procrastinate. "Sorry, but my mom died again, and I didn't get your stuff to you on time."

I can make the heads work, but if the guy bought the heads as a pair brand new, then why is one an older design than the other?

He's already left me good feedback, but I feel like I shouldn't leave it for him because his item wasn't quite what was advertised.

Would you guys slam him, or should I cut him some slack?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Would you guys slam him, or should I cut him some slack?
He needs to be slammed harder than a $3.00 hooker.

Steve
Old 01-06-2006, 08:13 PM

Last photo:

I would try to contact him first and see if he will take them back and give you a refund.If he will not,then give a negative feedback.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Local Riff-Raff

Last photo:

I had a similar incident happen to me with a set of wheels I bought on ebay.
Only way to deal with these liars is to slam them and also file a complaint with ebay. I'd be asking for my money back.

I no longer buy used car parts on ebay, only new stuff from certified square trade sellers.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:01 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I agree with redlightning. Contact him first and give him a chance to make it right. Maybe his mom did die and he just made a mistake packing the heads, or maybe you're right and he is a liar.

If he isn't interested in correcting the problem then slam him and file a complaint with E-bay. Also check with PayPal to see if they can do anything.

Good luck.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
mini me

Last photo:

i am an ebay junkie, i admit it i am.

but anyway it tells you before leaving a neg. feedback you should contact the other party 1st. and if he ignores you go to your "dispute console" and see if you can resolve it there.

then if all fails give em what he deserves for false advertising

J
Old 01-06-2006, 09:27 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

give him 1 more chance to straighten it out that will be strike 3

1 for selling junk

2 for shipping junk

3 refund $$$$

IMO

sorry your getting a hard way

SR66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

I would do all of the above, especially the Paypal route.

I recently paid via Paypal for a tach. Waited and waited. Tried contacting the guy. No response to 3-4 e-mails. I finally went to Paypal and they pulled the money out of the guy's account and put it in mine. Lo and behold, the tach finally showed up. He claimed he moved and didn't get my e-mails. I guess he also couldn't get to the USPS. Anyway, he's had a heck of a time getting his money back. Ahhhh, revenge.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:12 AM
NTI Grad.

Last photo:

SLAM HIM! i dont care, if hes selling stuff online then he should have everything in order when he ships the product. if not, then hes telling stories.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Well,

Listen to this other deal.

I sold a 97 Ford Van for my brother. He sold it to a guy from Atlanta Georgia. The van was a gas company utility van.

It had 73,000 miles on it. It ran great, and was a good work vehicle. It had regular service.

The guy that bought it towed it back to Atlanta with a tow bar and didn't remove the driveshaft. To make a long story short, he ruined the transmission.

He then proceeded to badger us (extort us) via feedback retaliation. Since I sell quite a bit, my brother paid the guy. He was a total jerk, and purely was just after a dollar and had absolutely no honor.

After he got his money, and left feedback for me, I slammed him because I felt like he was an extortion artist. He only paid $4500.00 for the van, and then he tears up the transmission, and I had to fork out $500.00 bucks to the guy. He keeps mentioning business, etc. Well, I wouldn't want anyone to have to deal with moron like this ever again, so I left bad feedback because I believed him to not be a straight shooter.

This is where things are really not up to snuff on ebay. Somebody can hold you over a barrell about the feedback if they want to . If you get some yahoo with 2 feedback buying off of you, and if he's an idiot, he can jerk you around because he does not care about his reputation, while you are forced to make concessions because he can leave a strike against you.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:42 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

STOP CARING ABOUT ONE NEGATIVE FEDBACK PEOPLE

**takes a breath**

ive bought plenty of stuff on ebay, and i havent realy paid much attention to my fedback, if some idiot ants to give me a neg for no good reason, so be it ... its never effected my sales, just always post a well thought out "response" to it and THEY come out looking like a grumpy old fart

best way to deal with ebay scammers is to file a theft report at your local police station, get a copy for yourself and have one of your PD's detectives forward the report to THAT GUYS P.D.

once they have the report at his PD, start calling THAT PD to hound them into showing up at his house. make sure they grill the living **** out of him

i dont care if his entire family contrated the black plague .... because its still his responibility to ship the right ****

if you paid with CC thru paypal, call your CC company and do a charge back, proceed to keep the money and the heads
Old 01-07-2006, 10:07 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

I think (this is why i'm totally scared to do Ebay)
that you have to have a Iron clad disclaimer so that butt munchers like the 'van guy' cant get away with stupidity

this is extremely hard to do !

what I used to call in the bone yard as "IDIOT PROOFING!"

It is extremely hard to think of every angle .

Maybe all of us could put a DISCLAIMER together so that this won't happen

If HR.com had a disclaimer for that stuff (we might for all I know) than as a member you & I could use this to protect our selves

example :disclaimer #bla bla if you buy a van ~tow bar it home without 1 pulling drive shaft or 2 leave engine running and wipe out the transmission its yours JACK!!(the buyer)

maybe im putting to much into this
how about this
ALL SALES FINAL ITS YOURS UPON RECEIPT OF SAID OBJECT(S) SELLER ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY

i dunno its its still morning!

SR66

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 01-07-2006, 10:12 AM

Last photo:

I Agree, Contact him first and give him a chance to make it right. Maybe his mom did die and he just made a mistake packing the heads, or maybe you're right and he is a liar.

If he isn't interested in correcting the problem then slam him and file a complaint with E-bay. Also check with PayPal to see if they can do anything.

it's worked for me several Xs in the past. get a partial refund or him take the heads backs or what ever. I bought a set of used fender well headers for a buddie, (he seen them on ebay & wasn't signed up, I was) they were for his BBC 55 Chevy 210 and the guy said they came off his BBC 55. I ask the guy if his motor was moved back or was it in stock location, he said No it's in the stock location. (we knew going into this that you can buy a motor mount that moves the BBC back 1 1/2" the motor mount kit is used with most 55 BBC swaps with an auto tranny in the 55 Chevys, this 55 is a 4 speed ) with a BBC in the stock location (like my buddies) the headers won't work, there isn't enough room for them to turn under the car. they arrive and no fit, paid $150 for them, we contacted the seller and he said to bad. we said give our money back & will ship them back at our cost, or give us back $75 and we keep them, he said No ! Not Ebay or Paypal would help us, (even with us showing them his email saying ask the guy if his motor was moved back or was it in stock location, he said No it's in the stock location. ) end result we left bad feedback and he left bad feedback saying we did not our parts.

To do it again I would wait 89 days and leave him bad feedback, you can only leave feedback up to 90days after auction. We made a set that fit better than any we could buy and had them coated.

Mustangsaly
Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 AM

Last journal entry: Completed the side window installation
Last photo:

I've done over $40000.00 on eBay without any problems. As long as you stay within the eBay guidelines, you are somewhat secure. If you didn't get what you paid for, then file a complaint with Paypal and get your money back. Then let him worry about getting his two single heads back. Once the transaction is completed to your satisfaction, file honest feedback based on your experience. It may be negative or it may be neutral.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 AM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangsaly
Not Ebay or Paypal would help us,

Mustangsaly
ebay and paypal worked great when they were SEPERATE companies

ever since ebay bought paypal, they have become the auction nazi's

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.