Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ecm
Thread: Ecm
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 07:26 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

ECM

Here is my dilema,
I bought this truck very cheap. $400.00. The body is near perfect. It is an extended cab, short bed with A/C. At the very least I figure it would make a nice 350 conversion project. It is an 86 model. The original motor was tired. The fellow before me finds an 93 s-10 with a 2.8 v6 in it that has been rolled. The motor runs like brand new. Only 35000 miles. He pays a buddy to swap the 93 motor into the 86. They leave the original harness in the 93 and it goes off to a junk yard. When they removed the ecm from the 93, they just cut the wires about six inches from the ecm and put the ecm in a box of other parts that came with the truck. After I buy the truck i find out the motor has been switched. The seller tells me it ran fine when in the 93, but after installing it in the 86 it won't run at all. Cranks over, catches and then shuts down. Now I am thinking instead of a project truck, i should trouble shoot this vehicle and run it for a bit just to feel out the suspension and do some body tweaking and gear up for the 350 swap, drop kit, etc. So, I go to a couple junk yards looking for the harness and find out that not too many s10's had the 2.8 engine in them. I have the original ecm to this engine, but need the correct year harness. I really think I should try this before moving on and changning things and getting confused. Where can I find an 93 ecm harness for 2 wheel drive, 2.8, a/c, auto. truck?

Dennis