Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eddy Carb hesitation off idle.
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Eddy Carb hesitation off idle.

Hey everyone. Just thought I would get some ideas on what my next step should be in tuning my carb. Its an edelbrock AVS 650cfm carb on top of a 10:1 vortec headed 355. cam is a howards 180325-08

I have an issue with a hesitation if I jump on the gas. It was really bad at first but I adjusted the accelerator pump rod to the setting closest to the body of the carb and it made it better. Also I took the base timing to about 22" and am running 10-12ish* of mechanical advance. Which also helped but its still hesitating when I jump on it. I have the fuel set at 5.5psi not sure if I should bump it up some? I also read that there is a spring under the metering rods that lift it off the seat to let more fuel in. Should I run a stronger spring to allow fuel to come in sooner?

Can anyone suggest some good reading material for carb/generic engine tuning theories. I found one online awhile back that seemed really good but can't remember for the life of me what happened to the bookmark.
Edit: Found it http://www.4secondsflat.com/Demon_Tuning_Guide.html... any good? anyone read it? anyone recommend it?