Hot Rod Forum banner

The Edelbrock #1405 Carb - again

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Charles F. Smith 
#1 ·
This is a follow-up to a previously sent post about switching the fuel inlet on a Edelbrock 1405 4-bbl carb.
Sent an E-mail to Edelbrock and much to my surprise they answered me almost immediately. The subject was switching the fuel inlet from right to left. Bad news - I'd have to buy an AVS carb to do this.
The other thing that happened was that I decided to try and see if I could run Russsel Braided line and fittings for the look of it - this is pretty much a cruising car and not high performance by any means. That in mind I wanted to switch back to rubber fuel line under the firwall (where it's out of sight) and go back to the tank (NOT fuel cell) through the filter and fuel pump (4 more -AN fittings at $8 - $12). What this set-up would have required would have been a -6AN hose end with a -6AN screwed fitting to 5/16 barb adapter which I doubted they even made but when I called the speed shop to see if there was such a part the unnamed LADY there told me "oh yeah" they had it after driving 38 miles I found out that if anyone made it, they didn't have it. - Crap - Afternoon wasted. Went to Auto Zone and bought 20 feet of black rubber fuel line and 6 clamps for around $30.00 - to Hell with it.
If anyone has any suggestions on "fancying up" the fuel inlet I'd like to hear them.
'****tail" Charlie Smith

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.