Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock 1406 hesitation
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Footbraker

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucumber1949
They told me the 1406 is not recommended for the 7501 RPM Air Gap manifold, the carb may not keep up with the manifold. They indicated that a 1405 would be a better match
I've read this before when searching but no one says why the 1406 is not recommended. Jetting/squirters etc can all be changed, and the throttle bores are the same - so why not the 1406? Fuel passages different or something?

Quote:
If I brake hold it to just about anything else above idle and stab it then everything is instantaneous and no hesitation. Any part-throttle stab is smooth
Mine is sort of the opposite, smoother off idle when floored (maybe cuz the tires go up in smoke?) than it is when anywhere else below 3500 rpm. The only way I can get it to hesitate is by mashing the gas, all other transitions are smooth.

Quote:
I just don't really have any reason to stab it WOT from idle from a dead stop.
The reason I stabbed it from a standstill was to see if/how bad it would stumble (troubleshooting), and because this truck will eventually see some bracket racing. Made sure to find a desolate road to do this since it lays rubber and fishtails for a few seconds on the 1-2 shift and destroys the hides in first. Don't need any extra attention from officer friendly.

Also - just tried switching the canister to the ported source (sqzbox), but it still hesitates, so it is back on full vacuum.