Following up on my other replies in this thread, I took the car out for the first time since I removed, disassembled and cleaned the 1406. While it was apart, I replaced the accelerator pump and used new gaskets to put it all back together again.
The high idle problem (the reason I took the unit off the car) has disappeared. Apparently the accelerator pump was hanging up on the last portion of it's return stroke and that was not letting the primary butterfly to close completely most of the time. Also, as a side benefit, the off-idle to WOT stumble has completely disappeared. Hope something here helps the OP.