Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock 1406 hesitation
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Footbraker

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Im glad you found youre prob with the Edel 1406. I have one on a warmed over small block and it will not "tip in" for crap. I tried the longer stroke hole on the accel pump with no real result. After hearing your solution, i will be pulling the dang thing apart this weekend. I too noticed it takes a good move on the throttle to get gas out of the squirters.....where did you get the parts from, Summit?
I used lead wheel weights (the ones with the double stick tape on them), trimmed them up then epoxied in place. There is not a lot of room for added weight so I spent some time filing them down to clear everything. It was a bit of a pain but worth it in the end.
I think some of the problem was too low of a stall speed and the fact that eddy carbs rely on air velocity rather than a squirter on the secondary side.
I got an offer I couldn't refuse and sold the truck in march of 2011, else I would have a better answer concerning the converter. I had a similar setup with less motor and a holley 1850 with a hesitation problem that cleared right up after switching the torque converter....
FWIW, the squirters should discharge at the first hint of throttle, might want to start there (new acc pump?) before messing with the counterweight.