Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock 1406 hesitation
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Reviewing the situation

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzbox View Post
you overlooked the holley! That's the very reason I switched.

Have you tried ported vacuum to the dist. instead of full time manifold vacuum? Some engines like it that way and some don't. Just like women!
Easy to check buy just capping off the manifold port and move the hose to the port on the front of the carb. Worth a try!
There are some good suggestions.

I have a problem with this. Which ever carb, holley or edelbrock, I have always been able to dial it in. ALWAYS. As long as the carb was for the application it worked well. If you are bogging it isn't the carb design necessarily. Qjets, afbs, avs, thermoquads, etc are really good carbs in their app.

As for timing, after you swap the cam in a driven vehicle, you will need more base timing and a curve to drive around on. 99% of the packages I built , required manifold vacuum to add advance at idle for a complete burn.

The vehicles that I built to race needed the timing locked out for best results with 3600+ stall and 4.10+ gears.

The only time I used ported was if on factory stock econo vehicle and the manual called for ported in the diagram.

Last edited by spinn; 03-17-2013 at 11:43 AM.