Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Edelbrock 1406 question wot lean
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Edelbrock 1406 question wot lean

Hope I can get some insight from someone out there, I have a pretty stock SBC I've gotten the jetting I think pretty well under control now but I need some clarification as to if I'm on the right course. Using their tuning chart and a narrow band A/F gauge(sorry) but it did seem to help. I was running really lean throughout the full range. I decided to start with position 17 ran pretty well but poor acceleration. moved to position 18 acceleration much better and very drivable. Only thing is when you stand on it it goes real lean, here's where I need some info. The primary's are what you are using just cruising around town, and the secondaries come into play only when you stomp on it? or do the secondaries modulate in as needed brought on by vacuum? I'm thinking on changing the secondary jets to 101's from the 98's that I had put in. As I said it runs really well using the tuning chart at #18 just it sort of drops off when you stand on it and the A/F gauge just goes way lean. If someone could help me with the secondary circuit that would be great. Thanks, Eric